Grapple New 54" Grapple, first use

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #21  
emcvay - Moseslake - just a skip/jump down the road from me here in Amber. When I had my brand new 1982 Ford 1700 - I learned A WHOLE LOT about lighter implements.

Along with my new Kubota - I upgraded all my implements to heavy duty Cat 2. I relocate rocks and pine tree trunks with my grapple. Up to and including 3000# stuff. Moving the heavy stuff involves "knuckle dragging". Just lift high enough to get the load up off the ground. Leaves drag marks in the dirt from the lower parts of the grapple - i.e.- knuckle dragging.

Nine years and I've yet to remove the grapple off the FEL. AND - no damage to the grapple except that bothersome powdercoat paint on the tine tips.

/ New 54" Grapple, first use
Cool! I've wondered how the heavier ones would do. One day maybe I'll get one!

We were in Moses for 5 years but moved back to the Tri-Cities in '20 (and I forgot to update my profile) :rolleyes: Still practically neighbors :D

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #23  
I've yet to watch the video, but it looks as though the top of the grapple is bowed out a bit.

/ New 54" Grapple, first use
Yup, it does bow a bit there. I think the clamping force of the cylinders is greater than the holding force of the top bar which is round tube welded between the tines. I think it really needs something welded to the top of it to provide more rigidity, but it works pretty well otherwise.