New B2620 what do I need?

/ New B2620 what do I need?
Thanks for the great suggestions. I have a grease gun but I need to get the right kind of grease. I'm not the most mechanical guy so the workshop manual is a good idea. Implements will have to wait for a little bit, but I'm making a list. I did buy a RATCHET RAKE and have used it already. I'm getting more comfortable with the machine each time I use it. Honestly I hope I don't have to plow any snow. I'm sick of snow and I hope having this tractor works as an insurance policy for NO snow.

psdx, yes she has a sister but, I got the good one. :D

Thanks again everyone.

/ New B2620 what do I need? #12  
That is one nice Christmas present.:thumbsup:

/ New B2620 what do I need? #13  
For 800' of paved driveway a front plow would be a great option.

The 20 series will probably take the same or close subframe as the older 10

series. Once you plow forward you will never look back :laughing:!

A rubber edge will protect your pavement. The loader works ok but limited.

This is a great group with lifetimes of experience.

Cheers,

RD

/ New B2620 what do I need? #14  
Before you even think about bush-hogging get a set of Bro-Tek crunch plates - or maybe the new plate from BXpanded. ( Maybe JOHNTHOMAS mentioned that but I sort of got lost in the wall of text - I mean excellent suggestios :laughing: )

Other than that, maybe a set of chain hooks for the bucket?

[edit] Sorry. Mis-read the OP. Thought we were talking about a BX...

Z.

Last edited:
   / New B2620 what do I need? #15  
I think the brotek plates are for the BX not the B.

/ New B2620 what do I need? #17  
My wife got me a B2620 with FEL and blast box for Christmas. This is my first tractor and what things should I have on hand for regular maintenance? The main objectives for the tractor is plowing the 800' paved driveway and clearing snow around the barn and horse paddocks. I will also use it for firewood hauling and brush clearing. I hope to lease 15-20 acres of farm land for retriever training and want to get a brush hog.

P1060167.jpg

Congrats Edbuck, nice looking tractor.

/ New B2620 what do I need? #18  
My wife got me a B2620 with FEL and blast box for Christmas. This is my first tractor and what things should I have on hand for regular maintenance? The main objectives for the tractor is plowing the 800' paved driveway and clearing snow around the barn and horse paddocks. I will also use it for firewood hauling and brush clearing. I hope to lease 15-20 acres of farm land for retriever training and want to get a brush hog.

P1060167.jpg

WOW, now that's a "December to Remember", and it will last longer than a Lexus. Congrats!

/ New B2620 what do I need? #19  
Wow. Looks like you found yourself a keeper as a wife!

Good looking tractor by the way!

I'd be looking for a snowblower depending on your budget for that long of a driveway. You could use the fel and a rear blade as I, but it does take longer - I enjoy the time moving the snow though.

/ New B2620 what do I need? #20  
The QA from a B3200 ($200) will fit which will allow you to put on a set on forks ($700?) or a 60" bucket ($250). The forks are great for hauling wood. I have this set up and switch all the time.
one bucket has a tooth bar and the 60 does not. It will easily lift a 60" bucket full of gravel so I think this should have been standard. You will need lots of weight on the rear however - a heavy bucket is the easiest way to flip your tractor over so keep it just off the ground.

I think a pats or similar quick hitch is a must if you are going to switch rear implements here and there. A landscape rake is great for clean up/clearing etc.

As far as snow, you need the front blade set up (or if you are far up north a front blower) if you really want to do it right!