New DK45SEHST owner

/ New DK45SEHST owner #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
OK, I bit the bullet today, ignored the huge swarm of butterflies in my stomach, all the posts about the squealing HST transmissions and purchased a DK45HST. The final straw was seeing owners like TNEWBERN and others be willing to reccomend the tractor in spite of their problems. You are a very persuasive crowd. Also, I felt like it was a good tractor and a good deal that I hated to miss. So I'm taking the plunge. I paid $20,500 which seems like a good deal based on the feedback here. It came on the dealers yard in March just before the price increase which is why it is somewhat lower. In fact it was $500 better than he'd sell me a new DK40HST so I had to go for it. Thanks to everyone that responded to my posts over the last few weeks on the forumn and by PM.

So here is where I am today. It comes with the 401 loader. I have access to a Massey and 7 foot bush hog so I bought a 72" roto tiller to have as ballast for the loader. It's about 800 lbs but the tiller will not be ready for 30 days so I have time to consider the following:

Is that going to be enough weight or do I need to consider another approach? Dealer wants $900 for the plumbing needed to run 4N1 or grapple. Is that fair?
He offered a water/antifreeze mix for $150 on back tires only. Pros or cons?

$600 for 2nd set of rear remotes? What would I use these for? I've got access to a box blade so I doubt I'll ever run a hydraulic blade?

Thanks again for everyones help. It'll be a loooong month before I can post pics. Looking forward to joining the Pack!
RJ

/ New DK45SEHST owner #3  
OK, I bit the bullet today, ignored the huge swarm of butterflies in my stomach, all the posts about the squealing HST transmissions and purchased a DK45HST. The final straw was seeing owners like TNEWBERN and others be willing to reccomend the tractor in spite of their problems. You are a very persuasive crowd. Also, I felt like it was a good tractor and a good deal that I hated to miss. So I'm taking the plunge. I paid $20,500 which seems like a good deal based on the feedback here. It came on the dealers yard in March just before the price increase which is why it is somewhat lower. In fact it was $500 better than he'd sell me a new DK40HST so I had to go for it. Thanks to everyone that responded to my posts over the last few weeks on the forumn and by PM.

So here is where I am today. It comes with the 401 loader. I have access to a Massey and 7 foot bush hog so I bought a 72" roto tiller to have as ballast for the loader. It's about 800 lbs but the tiller will not be ready for 30 days so I have time to consider the following:

Is that going to be enough weight or do I need to consider another approach? Dealer wants $900 for the plumbing needed to run 4N1 or grapple. Is that fair?
He offered a water/antifreeze mix for $150 on back tires only. Pros or cons?

$600 for 2nd set of rear remotes? What would I use these for? I've got access to a box blade so I doubt I'll ever run a hydraulic blade?

Thanks again for everyones help. It'll be a loooong month before I can post pics. Looking forward to joining the Pack!
RJ

Seems like a great price from what Ive seen. I have a DK45 cab HST myself, and LOVE it. More so every time i use it.

I had my rear tires filled with rimguard and i can lift whatever i can fill my bucket with without an issue. I even have a loader mounted snowblower that i lift without issue. I move a 30' gooseneck horse trailer with something like 1800-1900 pounds of weight, and don't need a ballast box. Love that rimguard.

The extra rear remote is great if you ever want to run a snowblower. the included remote has a detente ball which sucks for things like snowblowers, as they stick. but you need the detente if you ever want to run items like a rear mount log splitter.

I had my guy run a front set of hoses to the 2nd rear remote so i can operate the snow blade with the 2nd remote instead of the 3rd valve.
This hose only cost $450.00, and i added a mid set of quick connects for ease of loader removal. My guy wanted $1000 for the 3rd valve to rin front items. It cost $400 for 2nd rear remote. I rather would pay him to do it then for me to do it, seamed like alot of work.

oh...also, have your dealer run a loop of hose on the rear couplers (remotes) to prevent deadheading the hydraulic pump if the detent valve is accidentally engaged....save yourself alot of $$$$$$ for a little $$ now.

Attachments

• loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 262
   / New DK45SEHST owner #4  
That's great value for a very fine tractor. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

/ New DK45SEHST owner
Seems like a great price from what Ive seen. I have a DK45 cab HST myself, and LOVE it. More so every time i use it.

oh...also, have your dealer run a loop of hose on the rear couplers (remotes) to prevent deadheading the hydraulic pump if the detent valve is accidentally engaged....save yourself alot of $$$$$$ for a little $$ now.

I apologize but what exactly is deadheadng? I see you have two remotes on the back. I don't have any use for a snow blower so I really wasn't going to run the extra remote to the back but am considering the one on front for a grapple. My price was $600 on the rear remote and I just don't think I'll use it enough to justify it. I certainly do not want to damage anything though.
Thanks

/ New DK45SEHST owner #6  
If you have no use for the 4 ports on the back (dual remotes) don't spend the money...they can always be added in the future.
The front aux valve for the 4 in 1 is reasonable priced. I would get that.
The machine is equipped with 1 auxiliary remote at the rear of the tractor. The lever to control the flow of that remote is located to the right of your right shin. If that lever gets locked into either or position with out having some thing hooked to your rear remotes, the hydraulic flow will be activated and have no where to go. That will cause a major amount of heat and cause your hydraulic pump to fail, I did have one machine here that had so much heat created that is melted wires and most of the orings on the hydraulic system.
The hydraulic ports on the rear of the machine acts as a valve. Flow can go either way depending on which way the lever is positioned.

/ New DK45SEHST owner #7  

RJ

If you will be using that box blade much, you might want to get top and tilt hydraulics for your 3pt hitch. If that might be the case, then there is a reason and use for that 2nd rear remote. ;)

I know that many people can not imagine what they would need these for, but as they use their tractor and see the benefits of these, there are many people adding the remotes after the fact. You can get by without, but it sure is nice to have them when you need them.

$900 for the front remote is a fair price IMO and if you are going to get a 4n1 or a grapple, then it also is a nice option that you almost have to have.

Good luck with your decisions and enjoy your new tractor. :thumbsup:

/ New DK45SEHST owner #8  
If you will be using that box blade much, you might want to get top and tilt hydraulics for your 3pt hitch. If that might be the case, then there is a reason and use for that 2nd rear remote. ;)

I agree.

I do use it for the hydro top link - didn't even know I needed one until I used it and now I can't imagine being without. Get the second remotes for sure!

Bob

BTW - congrats on the new machine.

/ New DK45SEHST owner #9  
I agree.

I do use it for the hydro top link - didn't even know I needed one until I used it and now I can't imagine being without. Get the second remotes for sure!

Bob

BTW - congrats on the new machine.

Most people are that way, when they have never seen or used an item, they figure what would I need that for. :confused3: But once they use it, it is how in the world did I ever get by without it. ;)

/ New DK45SEHST owner #10  
The lever to control the flow of that remote is located to the right of your right shin. If that lever gets locked into either or position with out having some thing hooked to your rear remotes, the hydraulic flow will be activated and have no where to go. That will cause a major amount of heat and cause your hydraulic pump to fail, I did have one machine here that had so much heat created that is melted wires and most of the orings on the hydraulic system.

This will only happen if your valve is locked on for a period of time, probably
a minute or more. This is not "deadheading" the pump, since all pump flow
goes thru a relief valve.

This is an important distinction for the new user because sending the
implement pump into relief is very noticable, and it occurs all the time
when using the loader without any problems. Of course, it is only in
relief briefly as when the cylinders reach the end of their travel. There
should be no fear of deadheading a pump on a properly plumbed tractor.

I only mention this now because there is a current backhoe thread where
someone connected up his hoe backwards with a PTO pump, and broke
the casting of his valve. THAT was deadheading the pump, as the flow
was not protected by an relief valve. Bad.