New front tire time

/ New front tire time #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
On my L4240 HSTC,seven years,one thousand hours and a lot of paved road.Factory was 8.3x16 R1's.,replaced with 8x16 R1 ,Carlisle 6 ply.Back tires are still fine.I had a fair amount of thread left but the side walls were cracking and leaking.

/ New front tire time #2  
Where did you get the Carlisle tires I've had good service out of those. Last time I needed front tires for the old ford I bought junk online (never again) they also are rated 6 ply what a joke. Live and learn I suppose but it'll be Ag-Pro or Carlisle in the future a lot less expensive. I tried to save $20 a tire and they are pretty but I can almost stick my finger through them. Exaggerating a little but they are junk. Not sure of the brand but made in India.?

I don't think India had anything to do with it but the company that built these sell junk. Don't get me started.

/ New front tire time #3  
It will be better at this stage to get it replaced for safety point of view. New tires approx life is more than 3 years.

/ New front tire time
Where did you get the Carlisle tires I've had good service out of those. Last time I needed front tires for the old ford I bought junk online (never again) they also are rated 6 ply what a joke. Live and learn I suppose but it'll be Ag-Pro or Carlisle in the future a lot less expensive. I tried to save $20 a tire and they are pretty but I can almost stick my finger through them. Exaggerating a little but they are junk. Not sure of the brand but made in India.?

I don't think India had anything to do with it but the company that built these sell junk. Don't get me started.
Tires were purchased from an E-Bay seller,good service and quick.

/ New front tire time #5  
I am as confused as all get out.

Are you saying that the factory tires lasted 7 years/1000hrs?

And THEN you replaced them with carlisle's which are now showing sidewall cracking but tread still fine? How long have the carlisle's been on there?

A little cracking dont concern me, but to each his own.

/ New front tire time #6  
I just took the OP meaning his old tires were cracking but still had thread. As far as how long a tire lasts I'm not sure but I run them until they fall apart. Get all the goodie out of them as I can.:)

/ New front tire time
I am as confused as all get out.

Are you saying that the factory tires lasted 7 years/1000hrs?

And THEN you replaced them with carlisle's which are now showing sidewall cracking but tread still fine? How long have the carlisle's been on there?

A little cracking dont concern me, but to each his own.
Factory tires lasted seven years and 1000 hours;leaking on the sidewalls(cracking),REPLACED WITH NEW CARLILSES.

/ New front tire time #8  
So there is nothing wrong with the new ones I assume? You were just posting to state how long OEM ones lasted and that you replaced them with new carlisle's?

Hard to believe they had good tread left with 1000hrs. The 7-16's on my L3400 were just about done for at 850-900hrs.

/ New front tire time #9  
I managed to squeak around 1600 hours and 13 years out of the Titan R-4's on the front of the B2910.