New fuel can feature

/ New fuel can feature #1  

mapper

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1734E
Recently was on our way into town to fill my diesel cans when my wife suggested that we stop at TSC and get an additional 5 gallon fuel can. I certainly was not going ignore that suggestion! So we stopped in, I purchased a new can and we proceeded to the gas station to fill the cans.
Now we all know what a pain the new safety spouts are and there has been plenty of discussion about that here. Well there is now an additional safety feature on fuel cans; the anti flashback screen. This is a fine mesh gizmo in the neck of the can to supposedly prevent fire from igniting the fumes in the can. What it really does is prevent you from filling the can at anything more than a dribble, the slowest latch setting on the nozzle is too much for and will cause fuel to back up and spill before the nozzle will trip. This screen is also very difficult to extract from the neck of the can, especially when you are at the gas station trying to fill it.
So beware if you buy a new fuel can, take it home and pry the screen out before you try to fill it the first time.
I really never thought that filling a fuel can would be slower than emptying one with the new safety spouts!

/ New fuel can feature #2  
I will not buy any of the new so called safety cans as they are a health
hazard. Try to fill the gas can it sprays all over and the one I have is
old the the nozzle sticks open so when you pull the nozzle out of the
lawn mower gas tank gas every place and they call it a safety can????
I put a T in my gas line in my truck and added a hose so I just start my
truck turn the valve handle when I have the hose in the lawn mower gas
tank and no more spills and think of the money you can save from not
buying the stupid safety cans!!!!!!

willy

/ New fuel can feature #3  
Wow. Do the idiots who come up with these designs actually use any of them?

/ New fuel can feature #4  
I have four old WW11 Jerry cans. I take very good care of them because they have ZER0 safety features.

/ New fuel can feature #5  
Have you ever bought a jug of DEF (diesel exhaust fluid)? Most of those have what I think is called a 'duck bill' on the cap, which allows air to be sucked into the jug, but does not allow fluid to come out. Why can't they put a 'duck bill' on a gas can?

/ New fuel can feature #6  
I love these.

they have one safety device, but make it super easy to remove. Drains 5 gallons in a minute.

/ New fuel can feature #7  
I love these.

they have one safety device, but make it super easy to remove. Drains 5 gallons in a minute.
I'd like to see proof of that 5gal/min claim. :giggle:

The first thing I did when I got my new "cans" from TSC is pull that silly tube screen out. Then I drilled 1/2" holes in all the handles and popped in a re-closeable vent. I use a battery operated pump to empty all my 5-gallon cans. The pump operates at 2.5+ gallons per minute.

/ New fuel can feature #10  
Not a chance. The elites who know better than you have never done anything outside. They don’t even know where to find a farm.

MoKelly
:ROFLMAO: and they haven't got a clue what a gallon is. Not one of my 5 gallon diesel cans will hold more that 4.5 gallons.