New GC1723EB

/ New GC1723EB #1  

PhiDelt496

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
A year ago, I moved back to the family farm and renovated my grandparents old house. Through the construction we used our Ford 7610s and the loader and barely touched a ladder. We also took some time this winter and restored my grandads 1972 MF 135 Special Deluxe. But now that I am in the house, the yard shows the issues with the heavy tractors around the house. So, I started looking at subcompact TLBs to give us something small for around the house and add a backhoe to our tool kit. Really shopped NH (superb local dealer), Kubota, JD, and MF. MF was, to me, the best overall package. JD 1025R was a close second, but price was way out of line. Would have paid maybe $500-$1000 less than the GC for it, not $3k more! NH/LS was a bit of a concern because of the LS deal and still not sure on the quality. And Kubota...well, You can get better, but you cant pay more!

About a week ago I pulled the trigger on a new 2020 GC1723EB w/FL1805. A lot of our MF dealers are powersports dealers that picked up MF in the past 2 years. One really good Old tractor shop that has dealt MF for years. Was able to get them down to $16750 out the door, not sales tax for agricultural equipment, so not too bad. Had a couple of dealers $250- $500 lower, but just new I would get better service out of the old tractor shop. No extras with that. Couldnt get a GC1725MB below $17500 and just couldnt justify that much more money for what amounts to 0.2 PTO HP...and armrests. Been really rainy here lately and I have only got about 17 hours on it so far playing around, but already really like it.

Did go with a HF quick hitch cause those turnbuckle stabilizers are pretty much a PITA. And how hard would a position control really be to add? But those are the only two real gripes...well, cruise control could be a little more fine toothed to make it easier to set at lower speeds. It works great, just a little too slow or too fast where it seems to catch.

These aren't just great tractors for small acreage...they are crazy good additions for larger acreages to do the small tasks around buildings and homes.

Grabbed a 54 RK tiller and got a 5 landscape rake with wheel kit coming in this week. Added a $15 USB outlet for the cupholder and going to get the Backhoe thumb ordered this week.

Anyone use one of the buggy top sunshades? Any recommendations?

Last edited:
   / New GC1723EB #2  
Welcome to TBN and SCUT ownership.

/ New GC1723EB #3  
They are great little tractors, swiss army knife for the home. They are good at what they do.

/ New GC1723EB #4  
I just picked up a brand new 23E 2019 left over because I wanted the DL95(couple posts down)gave 16,600 before taxes plus they threw in a bunch of extras so you did all right on your pricing, enjoy these are beautiful little tractors I absolutely love mine.

/ New GC1723EB
I just picked up a brand new 23E 2019 left over because I wanted the DL95(couple posts down)gave 16,600 before taxes plus they threw in a bunch of extras so you did all right on your pricing, enjoy these are beautiful little tractors I absolutely love mine.

Yeah. Had a deal on a 25mb hold over with a DL95. Just waited a touch too long and someone got it. Called around and not many holdovers around, so decided this was as good as I could do..locally. Was really surprised at the variety of prices offered. Anyone looking, call around and get dealers to get aggressive with each other. Had one dealer tell me they were "losing money" at $19k...didnt call them back.

/ New GC1723EB #6  
19k geeez lol,You did good for sure. I had a little bit of run around also I even had one dealer they didn't even call me back( what ever) one played Hardball and told me a dealer in Ohio was waiting for it(yea right) when I pulled the trigger from the other dealer then he called me and I think he was a little upset when I told him I already bought one lol, anybody in the market just call around cash is King make them throw extra stuff in, a good dealer will.

/ New GC1723EB
See, I always see the "extras" as being money left on the table. Or at least they cloud up my comparison on prices. When I started taking the "extras" off, is when I really got down to comparative pricing. The only things I were interested in as additions would have been the 3rd option kit for the loader or the Thumb for the backhoe. We bought a 54" tiller, but the dealer sold Taylor Pittsburgh and would have gotten one from him, but it would have been 3-4 weeks and RK had one in stock...King Kutter makes TP and RK, so it worked out. Also, my cousin owns a feed and seed, so he can order implements for me at about what you can haggle a dealer for. So, I just ordered the Landscape rake from him.

Just pissed I forgot to get him to throw in a hat...worst tractor buy ever!

/ New GC1723EB #8  
Lol I made sure I got a hat and a t-shirt😄

/ New GC1723EB #9  
Good buy! I wish we had pricing like some of you guys here. My dealer is good so that helps with the sting a bit.

/ New GC1723EB
Good buy! I wish we had pricing like some of you guys here. My dealer is good so that helps with the sting a bit.

I think it's way more about the regional market. I tried to price Kubota and JD. Couldn't get anyone local to get close to what people online were paying. I think in this market, people walk-in to the Kubota and JD dealers and just pay sticker and take the 0%. If the inventory is moving, no deals to be found. More depends on what people around you are buying than the dealer or your negotiating skills. Auto prices reflect that as well. I just try to find a good dealer that will service me well for a long time. Try to get them to match the best price I can find...or at least come close enough to justify it.

Last edited: