New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #61  
The wires he is rewiring around the ECU(to remove limp mode) straight to the ignition are the ones shutting the tractor off. The other wires going to to the solenoid are left unplugged

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #63  
Huge huge thanks to jrasband for holding my hand through this.
Here is a video if anyone else stumbles across this.

Were you able to just unplug the throttle or did you need to make up jumpers?

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #64  
Were you able to just unplug the throttle or did you need to make up jumpers?
You have to run a custom throttle cable because the factory is electric.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #65  
You have to run a custom throttle cable because the factory is electric
I understand that a custom throttle cable is needed. Can you just disconnect the electric one or do you have to do any wiring to eliminate it? Did you consider making up a piece of exhaust pipe "test Pipe" to replace the DPF canister? Have you figured out away to stop the warning lights on the dash other than tape?

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #66  
You can get rid of the lights on the dash by removing the bulbs in the cluster.

The tractor will beep when it is in gear through the ignition, I have not fixed this one yet, it is only annoying when idling and putting around.

No reason to remove the DPF filter housing entirely, just remove what is inside.

The throttle is controlled by the levers on the injection pump, when you rewire the solenoid you will lose control of the throttle through the computer, solution is to run cable.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #67  
The tractor will beep when it is in gear through the ignition, I have not fixed this one yet, it is only annoying when idling and putting around.
Finally had a chance to run it this weekend and I didn't have this issue at all. No unexpected beeps, just lights on the dash I can ignore.

This saved me $5000 (and future headaches when it stopped working again). Thanks again my man.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #68  
Best I can explain the way I see it is: You can remove all the exhaust filters on the tractor thereby giving it a free flow and the pressure differential sensor reads this as there being zero differential. It sends this to the computer and the computer reads it as a problem and shuts the tractor down to a limp mode. To overcome that you have to hook twelve votls diirect to the fuel solenoid so it stays all the way open. In normal operating mode with the dpf filters in place there is quite a bit of back pressure from the filters.
I was very surprised at how much resistance there was in the filters by blowing air in one side and feeling on the other side with your hand. lots of drop in air flow.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #69  
if you are correct and i actually knew what the correct signal was coming off the pressure differential sensor for clean DPF i wonder if you could 'spoof' that signal (is it 0-5 v dc?) and then get out of limp mode and still have use of the factory throttle.

problem is I still think i'd have to goto the dealer to get them to clear the existing codes....

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #70  
if you are correct and i actually knew what the correct signal was coming off the pressure differential sensor for clean DPF i wonder if you could 'spoof' that signal (is it 0-5 v dc?) and then get out of limp mode and still have use of the factory throttle.

problem is I still think i'd have to goto the dealer to get them to clear the existing codes....
Maybe install a potentiometer in that sensor circuit and vary the resistance/voltage?