New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty

/ New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty #1  

AmericanJD

Tractor
john deere 2320
I was washing the tractor down with the garden hose when I realized what looks like a rubber coating on the cooling line in front of the radiator and also just below where the battery sits has came off and is rusting. Tractor has less than twenty hours on it. Seemed like something I should bring up to the dealer to replace. I know heat would probably be the cause but I just hate to see rusty parts on my new tractor so soon. Any opinions on this? Thanks ahead of time!

/ New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty
Yeah I haven't figured out how to erase it.

/ New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty #3  
It could be the battery leaking-not an uncommon problem with the JD batteries unfortunately. I would notify your dealer ASAP.

/ New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty #4  
Yeah I haven't figured out how to erase it.

Lower RH corner you should see an "EDIT" button.
Click on it...one of the options is to delete the post (which I'm going to do with mine as soon as I post this).

Duplicate threads aren't a biggie, but they can result in confusion in responses. You might miss a very pertinent response...

Looks like its goin in next week. I'll let you know what they say.

I got to thinking about it and I'm not proud to say it was my fault that the battery is leaking because of having put water on it while rinsing the tractor off.

Has anyone else made this mistake or am I just that ignorant? I didn't want to make it sound like JD was at fault.

/ New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty #8  
Has anyone else made this mistake or am I just that ignorant? I didn't want to make it sound like JD was at fault.

Did you overfill the battery?
Actually, for as new as your tractor is...you shouldn't have had any need to top off the battery.

/ New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty #9  
Just to clarify please, You think that rinsing the battery off filled it up? Or you actually removed the caps and put water in it?

If it's the first question, the caps should seal well enough to prevent any water from getting into the battery.

No, I think water got on the battery enough to cause a circuit between positive and negative causing the battery to possibly overheat or whatever a battery would do in that case and leak out or "explode"