New Kubota Corrosion

/ New Kubota Corrosion #1  

Dave5

Tractor
Kubota 4760
Hello All, I have been reading a learning a ton on this site. Thank you to all who contribute.

I have a 1 year old Kubota 4760, 2022 model delivered in May of 2023. I am appauled by the corrosion on all the silver plated hardware. The tractor has 55 hours on it, and is kept either in my garage or under a 3-sided barn, it does not see the rain/snow. It stays on my property and gets washed a few times a year. I live in southern New Hampshire, not by the beach. It appears that just condensation has corroded every single plated fitting/hardware item. I have a BH92 on this as well, and all the silver connectors, even hose clamps, are corroded. Am I just expecting too much?

Some of the fittings say China right on them. I'm dissapointed and will now go and try to steelwool/oil all the parts, but what a waste of time. Here are pictures of the hydro connections for the FEL, under the cab and for 3rd funtion valve. I took these pictures a few weeks ago, on a warm morning. You can see some droplets from the humid air on the cold metal. Notice on the middle picture on the cab, some connections have zero corrosion, but most have the oxidation. I really expected more for the money spent on this. Any thoughts or insite? Thanks!

IMG_0153.JPEG

IMG_0154.JPEG

IMG_0156.JPEG

/ New Kubota Corrosion #2  
Wow, that is disappointing to say the least. I'm on my third Kubota (BX2660 2009 sold, B2620 2012 & B2650 2018) and have not seen such as in your pictures. Mine are parked under a tarp outdoors or in my ShelterLogic tent. I've never "wahed" them, but do wipe them down now and then with WD-40.

Maybe "salt" is the culprit?

I'd be interested to hear what Kubota says about this or....some other owners.

Cheers,
Mike

/ New Kubota Corrosion #3  
Some of those parts were probably dealer installed. But I wonder how much things were exposed to something during or before shiping.

It does seem excessive.

I assume the water you use to wash is PH balanced and your not using heavy chemical cleaner.

/ New Kubota Corrosion #4  
Some of those parts were probably dealer installed. But I wonder how much things were exposed to something during or before shiping.

It does seem excessive.

I assume the water you use to wash is PH balanced and your not using heavy chemical cleaner.
Hello All, I have been reading a learning a ton on this site. Thank you to all who contribute.

I have a 1 year old Kubota 4760, 2022 model delivered in May of 2023. I am appauled by the corrosion on all the silver plated hardware. The tractor has 55 hours on it, and is kept either in my garage or under a 3-sided barn, it does not see the rain/snow. It stays on my property and gets washed a few times a year. I live in southern New Hampshire, not by the beach. It appears that just condensation has corroded every single plated fitting/hardware item. I have a BH92 on this as well, and all the silver connectors, even hose clamps, are corroded. Am I just expecting too much?

Some of the fittings say China right on them. I'm dissapointed and will now go and try to steelwool/oil all the parts, but what a waste of time. Here are pictures of the hydro connections for the FEL, under the cab and for 3rd funtion valve. I took these pictures a few weeks ago, on a warm morning. You can see some droplets from the humid air on the cold metal. Notice on the middle picture on the cab, some connections have zero corrosion, but most have the oxidation. I really expected more for the money spent on this. Any thoughts or insite? Thanks!

View attachment 872942
View attachment 872944

View attachment 872945
Looks like salt corrosion

/ New Kubota Corrosion
It totally looks like salt corrosion, I don't use salt at my property at all. I've seen parts go through salt spray tests, this looks really familiar. I just use car wash soap with filtered well water, 8.4ph in the normal range. I'm guessing most of the fittings are zinc plated. It looks like the stainless ones are fine, but there isn't many of those.

/ New Kubota Corrosion #6  
Wow, I've had my L6060 since April 2021. Just took a look at it and not a spot of rust/corrosion anywhere. Lots of dirt, but no rust on fittings or elsewhere, same with my BH92. I'm in central New Jersey probably same distance or less to the shore than you, depending on where you live in NH.

Last edited:
   / New Kubota Corrosion #7  
This seems like defective parts on original equipment to me, just wondering , is there any chance warranty would cover it?

/ New Kubota Corrosion #9  
My 2016 Kubota fel fittings have slight corrosion, but not that bad. When the machine was new I sprayed clear coat on practically every other unpainted steel, and it looks like new.
I should have sprayed the hydraulic connections also.

/ New Kubota Corrosion #10  
You can see some droplets from the humid air on the cold metal.

View attachment 872945
Looks like the hydraulic block in your 3rd photo was not painted at all.

The condensation will eventually do this to most of your hose ends. The zinc plating is better on some, vs. others. Also, if you use the tractor around fertilizer or livestock, corrosion will be greater.

I like to grease my JIC hose fitting threads because eventually you get rust in there, too.