New L6060

/ New L6060 #1  

arkvet

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4300 HST 4WD
Well I just moved forward with the purchase of an L6060. A lot of help / info came from perusing this forum. It came down to the L6060 or the MX6000 / 5400. Either would have been a major upgrade over my 20 year old open station JD 4300 HST. I originally thought I would want to stay with open station but after putting lots of thought into it and checking them out in person I felt I could live with a cab. Especially with all the creature comforts within the cab and the electronics that the newer tractors have. The cab should really help protect those things over the long haul.

I'm not going to list all the reasons I opted to spend the extra $5k on the L vs the MX. Those points have been discussed at length already. Bottom line is I can afford it and I'm looking at this as a tractor I will keep for many many years.

Dealership is currently in the process of transferring ownership so I'm having to wait a couple weeks to do the financing. Hopefully will take possession before the end of March so I can get to work on all these food plots!

L6060 with cab
standard loader with quick attach bucket
Woods 48" pallet forks (skid steer attach)
3rd function
2 rear remotes
OTD $50,300. I could pay cash but with 60 months 0% I'll borrow from Kubota and use that cash elsewhere.

/ New L6060 #2  
Congrats, very nice machine...but we still need pictures of her:)

/ New L6060
One of the handful of reasons the upgrade was necessary. The 35HP JD really did not like my drill. I did not know a tractor could moan and groan but they can!
0979DD8D-E3B6-484B-B99C-1ED3B79FD52E.jpeg

/ New L6060 #4  
Congratulations. The cabs are sure nice.

/ New L6060 #5  
Yeah, I'll bet the JD doesn't like the Drill!!!! Awesome Drill. Wish I could justify one like it. My Ford would love it!!!

/ New L6060 #6  
There will be situations where the cab is inconvenient but you're unlikely to ever regret getting it. Post some pics when you get the new machine!

/ New L6060
There will be situations where the cab is inconvenient but you're unlikely to ever regret getting it. Post some pics when you get the new machine!
Of course. Once consideration for believing the cab will work is that I bought a mini excavator (bobcat e42) last year so the trails and such with cab obstructions is getting less and less.

/ New L6060 #8  
An Excavator is another one of those things I wish I could justify!!!! I'd want a mid size. They are extremely expensive.....

Looking forward to pics of your new tractor!!!

/ New L6060
My E42 is a 2012 model. Just shy of 3000 hours. It was a rental in it's previous life but well maintained. They hold their value well. I paid $27k for it and my plan is to use it for a few years and if I get to a point where I don't need it as much I should be able to sell it for not much less than I paid. I've already put around 100 hours on it. The trails and creek crossings I've cleaned up have been great. I've even enlarged a few food plots. Almost limitless possibilities on what I can do with land improvement.

On top of that it's super fun to operate! If you thought driving a tractor was therapeutic you should try a mini exc!

/ New L6060 #10  
Is that a Tar River drill?

If so, how do you like it?

Been looking at them.

SDT