New L6060

/ New L6060 #11  
I'd want 15ft+ digging depth. 24ft+ reach. That really crimps the budget to get that size......

/ New L6060
Is that a Tar River drill?

If so, how do you like it?

Been looking at them.

SDT
Yes. I absolutely love it. Made for some incredible food plots this fall. Planted soybeans last spring and a few mixes (mostly turnips) in the fall.
View attachment 689622

/ New L6060 #13  
Is it the SAYA-507?

Do I see the optional weight package?

How much?

SDT

/ New L6060
Saya 507 yes. Optional weight package ? Those are essentially suitcase weights that are used on railroad crossing arms. Neighbor works for railroad and got them for me. I estimate they’re easily 50lbs each if not more. 3 on each side so 300+ lbs. I’d add a few more if I had a little bigger tractor ;)

/ New L6060
Well, update. I’m concerned I may not ever get this tractor. As I mentioned in the first post the dealership is changing hands. Last week I called, text and emailed asking for an update on that situation and can’t get a response. I called a couple other Kubota dealerships that are (a lot further but the next closest) and asked about their L6060 inventory. One of the salesman told me he thought the transfer of ownership wasn’t a real pleasant thing. Not sure what that means.
Anyways, who knows if they’ll ever be able to sell me a tractor.

With that said, anyone have any leads on an L6060HST with cab? I’d be willing to drive a little or maybe delivery could be worked out on such a purchase.
Spring is here and I want a new tractor.

/ New L6060 #16  
Well, update. I’m concerned I may not ever get this tractor. As I mentioned in the first post the dealership is changing hands. Last week I called, text and emailed asking for an update on that situation and can’t get a response. I called a couple other Kubota dealerships that are (a lot further but the next closest) and asked about their L6060 inventory. One of the salesman told me he thought the transfer of ownership wasn’t a real pleasant thing. Not sure what that means.
Anyways, who knows if they’ll ever be able to sell me a tractor.

With that said, anyone have any leads on an L6060HST with cab? I’d be willing to drive a little or maybe delivery could be worked out on such a purchase.
Spring is here and I want a new tractor.
I spoke with the regional Kubota sales rep recently and he told me that the supply shortage is likely to get much worse in spring/summer.

SDT

/ New L6060 #17  
Well I just moved forward with the purchase of an L6060. A lot of help / info came from perusing this forum. It came down to the L6060 or the MX6000 / 5400. Either would have been a major upgrade over my 20 year old open station JD 4300 HST. I originally thought I would want to stay with open station but after putting lots of thought into it and checking them out in person I felt I could live with a cab. Especially with all the creature comforts within the cab and the electronics that the newer tractors have. The cab should really help protect those things over the long haul.

I'm not going to list all the reasons I opted to spend the extra $5k on the L vs the MX. Those points have been discussed at length already. Bottom line is I can afford it and I'm looking at this as a tractor I will keep for many many years.

Dealership is currently in the process of transferring ownership so I'm having to wait a couple weeks to do the financing. Hopefully will take possession before the end of March so I can get to work on all these food plots!

L6060 with cab
standard loader with quick attach bucket
Woods 48" pallet forks (skid steer attach)
3rd function
2 rear remotes
OTD $50,300. I could pay cash but with 60 months 0% I'll borrow from Kubota and use that cash elsewhere.

It’s interesting what a person can do with the zero percent interest loan. I bought my L6060 in October 2016. I was contemplating paying for it in part by selling 400 shares of John Deere stock at about $66 per share (I had a trade in so it wasn’t the full price). Today those 400 shares are worth $148,800. So instead of paying $26,400, I used Kubota’s money to earn about $100,000 (I’ve needed to make the payments so it’s not the full $122,000). It was the same way on my L5740 in 2011, RTV1000 also in 2011, and M135GX in 2013. I know it could have gone the other way but using Kubota’s money for investment purposes has worked out well keeping me in equipment I need on my farm. I would have earned more on my money by not buying the equipment, but then what to use for farming?

/ New L6060
Found one (L6060) in North Little Rock. Deposit check sent. 3rd option and two dual rear remotes ordered and to be installed soon.
Only caveat was a small quarter size dent in the hood, but they were willing to knock an extra $500 off for the dent, which I'm fine with. It's a tractor not a sports car.

I was originally planning to use Kubota 0% finance but I was able to use the equine discount paying cash and save an extra $5000. I totally agree that the money could be invested and *possibly* earn more than that $5000 back over time but I kinda like not owing money too.

/ New L6060 #19  
Found one (L6060) in North Little Rock. Deposit check sent. 3rd option and two dual rear remotes ordered and to be installed soon.
Only caveat was a small quarter size dent in the hood, but they were willing to knock an extra $500 off for the dent, which I'm fine with. It's a tractor not a sports car.

I was originally planning to use Kubota 0% finance but I was able to use the equine discount paying cash and save an extra $5000. I totally agree that the money could be invested and *possibly* earn more than that $5000 back over time but I kinda like not owing money too.
Just make sure the hydraulics meet your needs. Most specifically that the rear remotes don't leak down excessively. Big problem if you plan on running TnT, less so with some other implements. Gone though a pile of remotes trying to get non-leaky ones.

/ New L6060 #20  
Congrats. Must be nice when a dent saves you money instead of costing.
My nephew should have blamed the dealer when he rolled the bucket back just a wee little too far on his granpa’s new Kubota. :giggle: