New Member Introductions question

/ New Member Introductions question #1  

MarkV

Tractor
1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39
Muhammad I have noticed that many new members introduce themselves as well as pose a question in their introduction that is more appropriate in another forum. With the thousands of threads to read on TBN not all of us have the chance to address every new member question. I am wondering if a guide line post from you might guide the new users to post specific question in an appropriate forum after introducing themselves. Would hate to see anyone leave us because they did not get the information they were looking for after one try.

Hope you are doing well,

MarkV

/ New Member Introductions question #2  
TBN isn't forcing everybody's first post into the New Member Introductions forum area are they ?

Cause that would be just stupid if they were. :cool:

/ New Member Introductions question #3  
Yeah, we're aware of this... I will probably make a change next week that directs people to post in the appropriate section instead of the introductions section.

/ New Member Introductions question #4  
I notice the New Member Introductions seem to be a dead-letter file for our new members. Must be frustrating for them to post there (and ask a question which they are "softly" asked not to do, but do it anyway) and not get a response. They must think no one cares.
Possibly a new member could be directed to post an introduction, and also have to make a selection of forums to pick from for their "introduction" to be posted. May be that makes it too complicated to have a "Post in Forum" button rather than "Post Quick Reply" that takes them to a Forum listing to select which one. Then their new member post would land in the Forum of their choice/selection (could also have it land in the New Membership Forum as well - their only dual post allowed :D).

Just a thought. Am sure you have plenty to do, besides sorting this out. :)
Thanks for all your work.