New Owner...DK4510

/ New Owner...DK4510 #1  

SSF556

Tractor
NONE
Well in 42 years the first new vehicle I have ever bought is a Kioti DK4510. After months of going over numbers, sitting on and driving tractors it is a done deal. Delivery will happen in the middle of January.

Honestly I wanted a Kubota, but after talking to the dealers in my area I walked out of each one with a bad taste in my mouth. I continually asked them what I was getting from a Kubota that I was not getting from a Kioti and none of them could ever give me a good reasonable sound answer. I asked them why the L4701 was thousands of dollars more and really the only answer I got was that it was a heritage tractor brand and I am paying for 80 years of brand equity. I get that, but in todays global economy those days are gone in my mind.

My local Kioti dealer was very responsive and answered all my questions. I am trusting that they will handle any issues that might pop up. I am in the diesel engine business so I understand modern diesels and the DPF. I will post pictures once the tractor arrives and it will be nice to throw away all the competitor brochures.

SSF

Last edited:
   / New Owner...DK4510 #2  
NICE! Looking forward to seeing your DK neighbor.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #3  
Congrats can’t wait for the pics. As you know DPF or having to use DEF is nothing to be scared of. It amazes me how many people are scared of these systems due to a simple lack of understanding.

You will love the tractor I was set on a Kubota too but for the money couldn’t beat the options on the Kioti.

/ New Owner...DK4510
A DPF is one thing...DEF is a whole other beast. Sensors galore with DEF.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #5  
As you know DPF or having to use DEF is nothing to be scared of. It amazes me how many people are scared of these systems due to a simple lack of understanding.
All I know is we have 4 pieces of equipment at work with the new emission stuff on them and all 4 were had to go back to the dealers this year for regen issues.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #6  
Maybe after a few years, these systems will be figured out better with less failures. In the meantime, I like my 2004 model year CK30hst. We've been getting pounded with snow here in Erie,PA. 58 inches over the last few days and 16 more coming tonight and tomorrow with the temps staying in the teens. Starts fine with two glow plug cycles, 15 minute warm up, and off to push snow. Even got to pull out a neighbor's plow truck. :)

/ New Owner...DK4510
Well what would be even nicer is if the Trumpster put an end to all the emissions crap. If he told the EPA to stop at the current emissions level and let the diesel engine industry take a breather and not force changes every 3 years.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #8  
Well in 42 years the first new vehicle I have ever bought is a Kioti DK4510. After months of going over numbers, sitting on and driving tractors it is a done deal. Delivery will happen in the middle of January.

Honestly I wanted a Kubota, but after talking to the dealers in my area I walked out of each one with a bad taste in my mouth. I continually asked them what I was getting from a Kubota that I was not getting from a Kioti and none of them could ever give me a good reasonable sound answer. I asked them why the L4701 was thousands of dollars more and really the only answer I got was that it was a heritage tractor brand and I am paying for 80 years of brand equity. I get that, but in todays global economy those days are gone in my mind.

My local Kioti dealer was very responsive and answered all my questions. I am trusting that they will handle any issues that might pop up. I am in the diesel engine business so I understand modern diesels and the DPF. I will post pictures once the tractor arrives and it will be nice to throw away all the competitor brochures.

SSF
Made the same choice back in 2008 & 2012 when I bought Kioti tractors over Kubota.Happy with my choice so far.I do own a 2006 Kubota RTV 900 with 850 hours on it so not bashing kubota products.I think you made a great choice in Kioti.Enjoy

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 483
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 613
  • Ford Truck 173.jpg
    Ford Truck 173.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 312
   / New Owner...DK4510
Well this showed up yesterday. I was having the dealer hold it for me until we got moved in to our new house and the barn finished.IMG_2602.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG

/ New Owner...DK4510 #10  
Re New Owner. I had the same experience as you when I bought my 2013 DK45se HST in Sept. 2014. I hope you are as happy as I am with the tractor. I've now got 900+ hrs. and the only replacement was the battery. (and try not to drive over nails!!) Love the HST. It was the right choice for me. The forks are my most used attachment.

Attachments

• 20180203_131518.jpg
    20180203_131518.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 330