New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #1  

jdfire

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1620, hydrostatic FWD
After a few years of reading about everyone's pole barns (and learning a lot on this site) we are finally getting our chance. Very excited! :D

The materials were delivered today and the construction crew should be here in the next day or two to start. It's going to be 30x40x12 with an 8 ft. lean-to along the one eave side. Concrete floor and concrete under the lean-to.

Yes, I know that 40x60 or larger would be better as would a 14 ft ceiling, but there's only so much in the budget. It will be a huge improvement from parking the tractor and implements in the middle of a field like I've been doing for two years.

I will post more pictures as the build progresses. Have a great night!

Attachments

• IMG_1937 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1937 (Small).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_1942 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1942 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_1943 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1943 (Small).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 455
   / New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #2  
Looks good so far :D Poll Barn in a box!!! Hope all goes well :thumbsup:

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #3  
Looks good. We start a Pole barn tomorrow, I guess we will see who finishes first. This one is 36x32 and the concrete pad is already poured. :thumbsup:

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #4  
Hows progress coming along on your barn? We put up 3 walls yesterday and the 4Th today along with trusses. it is now ready for the metal roof. It should be done Friday as we aren't working tomorrow because the metal isn't on site. We also have to put on the T-111 siding for the gables but that shouldn't be to hard.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    932.6 KB · Views: 604
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    904.9 KB · Views: 469
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    909.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    910.9 KB · Views: 785
   / New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #5  
Hows progress coming along on your barn? We put up 3 walls yesterday and the 4Th today along with trusses. it is now ready for the metal roof. It should be done Friday as we aren't working tomorrow because the metal isn't on site. We also have to put on the T-111 siding for the gables but that shouldn't be to hard.

Why didn't you put steel on the walls? Isn't that more maintenance free? I like the idea of 2x4 walls so it can be insulated eventually.

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required
Hows progress coming along on your barn?

Stalled :mad: Apparantly the crew is still finishing up another job. Meanwhile I'm burning up vacation time.

Your barn looks like it's coming along nicely. I think you'll definitely be finishing first!:D

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #7  
Stalled :mad: Apparantly the crew is still finishing up another job. Meanwhile I'm burning up vacation time.
Now that would be aggravation at it's worst. Too bad.

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #8  
Why didn't you put steel on the walls? Isn't that more maintenance free? I like the idea of 2x4 walls so it can be insulated eventually.

The home owner was trying to get something cost effective but after he gets the T-111 and paint it will be more expensive vs/ metal. I too think metal would have looked better but that's what he wanted. It was a little easier to install though since we did it while we were building the wall flat on the ground.

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #9  

Your barn looks like it's coming along nicely. I think you'll definitely be finishing first!:D

That stinks that they are burning up your time. This barn is definitely coming along, we are getting the metal delivered tomorrow for the roof. We should be getting a few more jobs soon so I will have to keep y'all posted on those when they come up. :thumbsup:

/ New Pole Barn - Some Assembly Required #10  
What company are you dealing with? I am considering national barn for my pole barn.