New snow

/ New snow #231  
I believe were done with snow here. Still have 2” ice on driveway and walkways, maybe 16-18” snow out back where sun doesnt reach, but rest of snow down to about 6”. Roof is nearly bare of snow.

/ New snow #232  
I've had the snow curse since New Years. Gotten only about 6'' between then and now in NW MT. *sigh* More drought this summer and forest fires.

/ New snow #233  
We had 6" of snow yesterday right after we got 1 1/4" of rain. The river behind my house is now taking over some of my real estate after the rain melted most of our previous snow.

/ New snow #234  
We had around 12" yesterday. All powder. Was supposed to be around -14C but with the wind it was -25C. Damn cold. I worked outside most of
the afternoon. I still can't get used to the cold (new job).
Got home and the neighbor had done my driveway quickly for me.
I called to thank him (this was the second time) and he said he saw my tracks through the municipal plow's snowbank and figured I'd be in trouble
when I got home if it froze. I think he's a little bored being newly retired, but I'll take the help with gratitude.
When I left I had to smash through a snowbank at the end of the drive with my old Honda CRV. It was up to the headlights.
Nothing new smashing snowbanks for me. I've been doing it for almost 20 yrs with whatever vehicle I'm driving.
I had several pics of cars stuck on the bank but I've made it through many more times than not.

These pics are around ten yrs ago I think.

1645301207407.png

1645301238594.png

/ New snow #235  
When I left I had to smash through a snowbank at the end of the drive with my old Honda CRV. It was up to the headlights.
You are in Canada, for heaven's sake. You folks should be driving only SUVs with 4WD all year round like most of us here in the US.

/ New snow #236  
You are in Canada, for heaven's sake. You folks should be driving only SUVs with 4WD all year round like most of us here in the US.
Generally we have always been able to get around with fwd or even rear wheel. We're a hardy bunch :)
Majority of vehicles do seem to be AWD on the road here these days too.

/ New snow
Had a beautiful day yesterday, +2 and sunny. Turned to crap in a hurry last night, -21 and blowing snow. Road clearing again this morning.

/ New snow #238  
274468259_10158548039870983_8889986532397271905_n.jpg

Today NW MT 8 miles from Glacier Park, I FINALLY got some real snowfall. 12inches so far and not stopping. Whohooooo, inverted blower worked like a charm, and the 86'' hydraulic blade on FEL for areas where I can't snowblow.

/ New snow #239  
View attachment 734467

Today NW MT 8 miles from Glacier Park, I FINALLY got some real snowfall. 12inches so far and not stopping. Whohooooo, inverted blower worked like a charm, and the 86'' hydraulic blade on FEL for areas where I can't snowblow.

Glad you got some moisture. Were still dry here. Anyway, have fun!

/ New snow #240  
View attachment 734467

TYMe,
I am happy for you. I hope you are having as much fun as I have been having all winter. Our forecast is for up to 18 inches of new snow for Monday and Tuesday.