new to me 03 century 2535

/ new to me 03 century 2535
Also Astral,

I’m confused why people are saying the bypass is different? Ive seen that said in more than one place. Below is a factory Century filter i took off. I’m guessing I’m the only guy on here that even still has one of these. After i read your post, I decided to cut her open.the bypass valve is just over 1/2 an inch, 0.2 over. A napa filter i cut open probably 5 years back. i wanna say was the same. Don’t quite remember and not exact same filter, but really close in size. I have a wix 51202 on there now and if it leaks while the tractor is running i will cut that one and look too. And put a Napa on it.

If anyone has another brand filter they are willing to cut open and Mic it. i would love to put this to rest with facts and data. Unless it’s a bypass vs. no bypass kinda thing?
40EFDF8D-96F8-4144-89C9-EA5C580C7DF3.jpeg

06A6DDF8-04B6-41E5-8981-3113CB97F0C2.jpeg

50D08F65-F071-4566-918D-1E00B39E840E.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
   / new to me 03 century 2535 #12  
the ones most commonly missed are on the center pin supports for the front axle all the rest you should be able to walk around and see, i don't remember on that model if you adjustable 3 point lift arm had one but if it does make you get that one too.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #13  
I also have a 2003 Century 2535 that I bought brand new. It doesn't have a loader, but otherwise, it's the same as yours. I noticed the aftermarket electric fuel pump in your pictures. It looks like a Mr Gasket. That's what I used the first time and it worked great, but only lasted about a year or so. I tried a few other brands, the also lasted about a year or so. It's been a challenge finding a good electric diesel fuel pump.

The biggest issue that I've had with mine has been electrical and starting it. For awhile there, I never knew if it would start when I wanted to do something. Usually I could figure it out, but some days, it never happened. When I found the problem, it would fire right up, but then the next time I wanted to use it, I couldn't get it to start. Eventually I became so frustrated that I tore out all of the wires and just connected the basics to get it started, and charge the battery. I haven't had any issues since then!!!!!

I buy all my filters from Amazon. I have a little over 900 hours on it I'll keep buying filters this way. My dealer quick selling Century over a decade ago and every Branson dealer that opens up in my area lasts for about a year, then disappears. Finding parts online is the only hope that I have to keeping it running.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #14  
I will echo what astral says about using the kukje filters. In other much older posts there were problems mentioned on non brand filters, especially the hydraulic filters.
My hydraulic hoses for the loader are routed under the tractor. That was done by the dealer, and there are many grease fittings under the tractor, especially on the transaxle where all of the gearing and brake linkage is. The front center pins are the easy ones to find and grease!! Good luck with it. W. Jones

Thanks for the info guys.
so far it does have a bad head gasket. It blows coolant right behind the water pump between head and block. i gotta switch out. If anyone knows where i can get one? Also when i have the three point up all the way and i use the front end loader. the 3 point drops. I’m guessing the pump needs rebuilt? Or the wix filter sucks. But guessing hydro pump.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #16  
It sounds to me that you just have bad seals on the 3 pt lift cylinder rather than a bad pump since it actually still moves the loader and 3 pt just fine.

It sounds to me that you just have bad seals on the 3 pt lift cylinder rather than a bad pump since it actually still moves the loader and 3 pt just fine.
Okay I will try to replace those first. after I replace the head gasket. I tested a little more. If i have the three point up and try to pick the front of the tractor up pushing the loader down into the ground, it wont lift it. If I drop the three point then actuate the loader it picks the front end right up. So like you said, I guess it's blowing right past the three point seals.

I got a head gasket on order and on the way. did any one know that there are head bolts only a couple threads different in length and they need to go right back were they came from? I am worried the previous owner might have them in wrong spot. is there a diagram that says what length goes in what hole?

Last edited:
   / new to me 03 century 2535 #18  
this is the service book for the 3t90l engine that should be in your tractor inside it should have everything you need to keep that engine running wilkja

the second link should be a close match to your chassis and help you along there if you ever need it

thanks Asteral. Head is getting decked and checked. once I get the gasket in I will button it all up. Thanks agian

talking to the service department, he says that i need to make sure the head bolts go back in the same holes because theres bolts that are just a thread or two different in length. Has anyone heard this before? I marked the bolt’s in cardboard from were they came. how do I verify that the previous owners did not already jack this up? I don’t see mention of it in the service manual. I think im going to mic them and grind down any longer ones so they are all the same length. Theres already an inch or more of thread that goes into the block anyway. Cant see a few missing cause any problems