New to me a used skid steer advice

/ New to me a used skid steer advice
I messed with it today, pulled the battery cables & cleaned. I put a battery charger on it but after just a few minutes it was at full charge so the battery isn’t the problem. I followed the starting procedure the guy l bought it from & it still doesn’t crank. Im at a loss as to what is wrong.

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #22  
you need to figure out what is clicking, could be the solenoid clicking, if so I would check the wire from the switch to the solenoid, you could also run a wire from the solenoid, touch the battery and see if it cranks, another possibility the starter gear could be engaged in the ring gear, can you turn the motor around some and see if it disengages

Well l tried again yesterday & still was not able to get it running. I just can’t get myself into the engine compartment to do anything because of the loader arms are in the way. Ive decided to bring it to the John Deere dealership to have them fix it. Figure they have a way to lift the loader are up out of the way. Also will have them to change all the fluids & filters. Non has been changed since 2017 but only about 170 hours has been put on it in that time frame. This way I’ll have a machine ready for work.

Still haven’t heard anything from John Deere yet.
I’m seriously thinking about buying a root grapple, rock bucket, & a stump bucket for my skid steer. I’ve been watching some videos on using a rock bucket but l have to say I’m not too impressed. Maybe the guys were not experienced in using a rock bucket l don’t know. Have any of you used one & if so what do you think - good buy or waste of good money? I think the root graple & stump buckets are a no-brainer. I do live in northern Arkansas & it seems like they grow rocks up here, l have a bumper crop. What do you think of a tree puller - useful or not?

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #25  
have a rock bucket for my skidsteer, not using it much, it was purchased to scoop the sand and rock pile at the cabin, the idea I could scoop a half bucket lift it up and tilt back and forth to free the sand out, good idea but after a couple loads rocks get stuck between the bars and dumping is a pain, whats worse is trying to get rocks out especially after the bucket has new rocks on top to press them in, it is the worst bucket thus far I have purchased.

however I can vouch for the ripper tooth, its used mainly on the excavator for root removal but on the skidsteer it works to pull rocks to the surface, also I built a puller for the skidsteer, had the plates water jet cut from cad drawings, it performs well easily pulls a tree or post, only issue carefully pulling if the tree is top heavy it tends to lean to the cab after pulling, I usually grab the tree lightly, drive forward so its leaning away then close the clamp, this way if it wants to tip its away from me

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #26  
4in1 buckets are a joke!---Make sure you have a REAL bucket for it! Forks do come in handy,--I use forks more than the buckets.

Well l got my 333D skid steer back from John Deere today. I was shocked at the repair bill ($1650). I asked why so high then he went to explaining it took a long time to pull the starter so the solenoid could be replaced. Then replacing the valve cover gasket to a long time also. Isn’t there a book that shows how long each job should take & that is what they follow even if it takes them longer to complete a task? The had told me for servicing the machine would be $550 but the bill showed it at $799 - they are going to change this back to the $550 because that is what l was told. Unbelievable what John Deere charges for labor.

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #29  
Well l got my 333D skid steer back from John Deere today. I was shocked at the repair bill ($1650). I asked why so high then he went to explaining it took a long time to pull the starter so the solenoid could be replaced. Then replacing the valve cover gasket to a long time also. Isn’t there a book that shows how long each job should take & that is what they follow even if it takes them longer to complete a task? The had told me for servicing the machine would be $550 but the bill showed it at $799 - they are going to change this back to the $550 because that is what l was told. Unbelievable what John Deere charges for labor.

A couple months ago I replaced the radiator on my Cat 246. It's the engine coolant as well as the hydro cooler. And it's cast aluminum... all big nuts and bolts..fairly straight forward..but a pita never the less. Cat said it was about 700.00 in material and labor to change if they came to us. ..the unit itself was something like 16-1700.00. ... I ended up just doing it myself..... if I were to have to do it again...I'd just have them do it....and happily pay the 700.00

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #30  
Anyone that thinks working on skidsteers is easy has not done much of it. It all takes time, and shop rate adds up quickly.