New to me a used skid steer advice

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #41  
Deere dealers are not flat rate, however if they quote you a price they should stick to it. To answer your question they do have a time guide that shows an approximation of what labor should be to replace various components. For example the starter R&R is listed as 3.5 hrs. Valve cover is about 2 hrs +/-. A 500 hr service depending on s/n runs at 1.7-2.4 hrs, 1000 hr service is 2.9 hrs and a 6000 hr service is listed as 3.4 hrs. So do the math at whatever their shop rate is. Of course these times do not reflect issues like loader boom being down and in the way as well as other issues that could crop up, like cleaning a filthy machine before starting a repair, bolt breakage, etc. For a piece of equipment as difficult as a skid steer is to get into at times, $1650 is really not that bad. Just picture a 60,000 mile service and a brake job on your pickup at a dealership, that would easily top $1000.

/ New to me a used skid steer advice
IMG_1934.JPGIMG_1935.JPGIMG_1936.JPG

I’m fixing to buy two attachments in a couple of weeks & I need to know what quick connect hitch l have. This is the first machine I’ve owned with this type of hitch. I’ve attached some pics to show what l have. Can you identify what type of hitch is on my John Deere skid steer?

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #43  
looks like normal skid steer quick attach to me

Thanks, l wasn’t sure. Figured it would have been the John Deere hitch. Good to know, now l can order mu attachments with the correct attaching point.

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #45  
the JD hitch for QA is different on their tractors, they make an adapter plate for going from it to SSQA

Well l ordered my grapple & tree puller today. Should be in in a couple of weeks. Ordered it from Quick Attachments. Its a lot of money but l should be able to accomplish a lot of tasks without doing damage to the equipment- hopefully. The tree puller can be used as a stump bucket but with the advantages of the jaws open up to grab hold or rip out roots.

/ New to me a used skid steer advice #47  
Well l ordered my grapple & tree puller today. Should be in in a couple of weeks. Ordered it from Quick Attachments. Its a lot of money but l should be able to accomplish a lot of tasks without doing damage to the equipment- hopefully. The tree puller can be used as a stump bucket but with the advantages of the jaws open up to grab hold or rip out roots.

Is it a Danuser puller? If so those are the cats meow of pullers. You’ll be amazed at what it’ll do on a big CTL.

The tree puller is the “Extreme Power Claw” made by Quick Attach. It’s super heavy duty which I’ll need as l usually push things to the max & then some. The grapple is the Eagle Talon rock, brush & log grapple. Both attachments weigh 1200# each.