New to quick hitches

/ New to quick hitches #71  
My tractors are Cat 2, I've had quick hitches and immensely disliked them.
My Branson has the Euro hooks which are a multitude better then a quick hitch ever thought it could be.
My IH doesn't have the hooks or a quick hitch, it only gets used on 3 point implements occasionally usually on towed.
No way am I going to fight heavy (6ft.) pto shafts and try and fit under a quick hitch.

/ New to quick hitches #72  
My little tractor YT235C the quick hitch is so easy for me
as all I do is back up to attachment raise quick hitch and
it connects to all three points get out push levers down and
I'm all set to use the land plane no fooling around with pins
etc. all my attachments I can pick up by the 3 points push
levers down hook up the PTO and away I go. On my quick
hitch the bottom does not have a bar so hooking up the PTO
is very easy and I always put the ignition to off before hooking
up the PTO! For all you guys that think that Pat's hitch stuff is
better than a quick hitch go for it! It don't make any difference
to what kind of hitch you use somebody always has something
better??????? I am not 70 add 12 yrs and the PTO is no
problem to hook up as nothing is in the way not even the quick
hitch like somebody said. Wonder if he made his own hitch with
a lot of extra bars etc that were not needed?????????

willy

/ New to quick hitches #73  
My tractors are Cat 2, I've had quick hitches and immensely disliked them.
My Branson has the Euro hooks which are a multitude better then a quick hitch ever thought it could be.
My IH doesn't have the hooks or a quick hitch, it only gets used on 3 point implements occasionally usually on towed.
No way am I going to fight heavy (6ft.) pto shafts and try and fit under a quick hitch.
Each situation is different. I hitched to my 15ft batwing today, cut roadbanks for 3 hrs, unhitched, all with my QH on. No problems. When done I hitched to my BB. Couldn't possibly be easier.

/ New to quick hitches #74  
My little tractor YT235C the quick hitch is so easy for me
as all I do is back up to attachment raise quick hitch and
it connects to all three points get out push levers down and
I'm all set to use the land plane no fooling around with pins
etc. all my attachments I can pick up by the 3 points push
levers down hook up the PTO and away I go. On my quick
hitch the bottom does not have a bar so hooking up the PTO
is very easy and I always put the ignition to off before hooking
up the PTO! For all you guys that think that Pat's hitch stuff is
better than a quick hitch go for it! It don't make any difference
to what kind of hitch you use somebody always has something
better??????? I am not 70 add 12 yrs and the PTO is no
problem to hook up as nothing is in the way not even the quick
hitch like somebody said. Wonder if he made his own hitch with
a lot of extra bars etc that were not needed?????????

willy
If you latch the QH before getting on the tractor you don't even have to dismount to do that. I've got a comparison video somwhere, I'll dig it up.

/ New to quick hitches #75  
On my previous tractor, a quick hitch would have made no sense. Each implement was non-standard, which would have meant converting things or using the QH only in certain circumstances. In either case the "quick" is lost. Because the new tractor was 2-3X the size of the old one, all newly sized implements made sense and they were only purchased if they were QH-ready. A quick hitch makes the most sense when you are buying new and can assure things will work together in a cohesive system.

Right now all but a Fred Cain field cultivator is quick hitch ready and that is the one that hears the most curse words. Each time the QH has to come off to attach it. I may eventually modify that since breaking ground here usually involves the field cultivator, landscape rake, rototiller, and drag harrow. Due to my large quantity of tiller-destroying rocks, I usually have to rip, rake, rock bucket at an initial depth and then repeat at the preferred depth. There are days when I have each of these on/off twice.

/ New to quick hitches #76  
If you latch the QH before getting on the tractor you don't even have to dismount to do that. I've got a comparison video somwhere, I'll dig it up.

Good suggestion for those using non PTO powered implements.

/ New to quick hitches #77  
An issue I haven't seen in this thread: sway chains that go from the outer ends of the axles to the ends of the arms are easy to swing aside, to put the arm sockets onto an implement's pins. In contrast sway chains that start at the center rear of the tractor must be unhooked to swing the arms outward. This is difficult on a compact tractor with limited space back there. So adapting an implement to fit a QH is more worthwhile when this is the case.

I had an old back blade I never used because hooking it up was a PIA. It was incompatible with QH because the QH hooks couldn't slide under its pins.

So I added new 3-point pins farther forward on the back blade. Here's my thread describing the project. I enjoy design/fabricate/welding projects like this.

A photo from that thread. (And the inner-side sway chains are in the photo). Now I can just back into the implement, lift, go.
20210412_170450rdetailweldbackblade-jpg.699998

/ New to quick hitches #78  

frcnLS

Why didn't you go to Amazon and get the upper hook
replacement for the HF quick hitch?? it only cost about
$50

willy

/ New to quick hitches #79  
An issue I haven't seen in this thread: sway chains that go from the outer ends of the axles to the ends of the arms are easy to swing aside, to put the arm sockets onto an implement's pins. In contrast sway chains that start at the center rear of the tractor must be unhooked to swing the arms outward. This is difficult on a compact tractor with limited space back there. So adapting an implement to fit a QH is more worthwhile when this is the case.

I had an old back blade I never used because hooking it up was a PIA. It was incompatible with QH because the QH hooks couldn't slide under its pins.

So I added new 3-point pins farther forward on the back blade. Here's my thread describing the project. I enjoy design/fabricate/welding projects like this.

A photo from that thread. (And the inner-side sway chains are in the photo). Now I can just back into the implement, lift, go.

Good solution.

When I installed the Pat’s QA I also changed to telescopic/pin sway arms. Can easily adjust hooks to the perfect side to side position.

Had homemade pat’s type hooks with turnbuckle style sway control and used an temporary adjustable bar for width. Didn’t work very well and bent the width bar several times.

Enjoying the telescopic sway arms as much as the Pat’s.

/ New to quick hitches #80  

Not sure on sway chains, but I have stabilizer turnbuckles on my arms, and I have set them once when I first put QH on tractor, have about 1/2 inch side slop all through hitch arc from all the way down to all the way up....