New tractor Grease Question

/ New tractor Grease Question #1  

kittyhawk

Silver Member
Tractor
JD X300 X350 Lawn Tractors. BRANSON 3620H
Good morning everyone, I took delivery of my new Branson 3620H last weekend. I already have a grease gun and been using TSC Traveller Premium HD Lithium NLGI#2 grease on my lawn equipment and it seems to be working good for for my mower's and was checking to see what the consciences of this particular grease are. My owners manual specifies NLGI#2 grease, so I'm thinking this will work and give me the protection I need or should I move to the TSC Traveller Extreme-Duty Moly.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and input.

Dave

/ New tractor Grease Question #3  
Plain lithium grease for the tractor proper.

Lithium grease fortified with Molybdenum for the FEL, every ten hours of FEL use.

TSC Traveller Extreme-Duty Moly. I buy TSC's moly grease occasionally.

Plain lithium grease applied regularly is better than the most expensive grease applied infrequently.

Last edited:
   / New tractor Grease Question
thanks guys.

/ New tractor Grease Question #5  
I use Schaeffer's 219 on almost everything I own. Been very happy with it. I have a few items that take special grease that cost 125 dollars a tube (ouch) but otherwise the 219 goes everywhere.

/ New tractor Grease Question #9  
I use polyurea on everything: mower, loader, backhoe, etc.

I’ve got other brands, too, but my go-to is the John Deere, since I have a JD dealer local. This stuff used to be around $4 a tube. The last case (ten tubes) I bought was $55, after tax. Now, I see it’s even higher.

BC44D600-C535-42C9-9C4D-7D1EABECAEBA.jpeg

/ New tractor Grease Question #10  
Only problem I have with polyurea is that it is incompatible with so many other greases. So it could lead to problems if you are not careful

Articles_200902_grease-compatibility-chart.gif