New wood chipper : guess the brand/model

/ New wood chipper : guess the brand/model
Rather high lift needed to put stuff into the chute. Looks like a Wallenstein or Woodmaxx.
The high chute angle is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand it is a bit of a work out to get full trees to engage the roller. On the other hand, it really helps to feed the small stuff. If I had to redesign I'd cut the angle in half, best of both worlds. Especially since I don't burn wood so I tend to feed it larger stuff.

Woodmax is getting warmer.

/ New wood chipper : guess the brand/model #12  
The big difference is gravity feed vs variable rate hydraulic feed. The "chuck and duck" gravity feed chippers are really hard on the drivetrain, as they tend to make the log jump up and down, with way more impact force than variable rate hydraulic feed. They tend to eat shear bolts too. I guess 93pto HP and a large shear bolt may reduce that problem. But for smaller tractors variable hydraulic feed is a must IMHO.

I don't want to burn as my property is not so big, and the smoke always goes somewhere. When people burn around me it tends to go right in my HRV intake...Of course if you are 100 acres then it really does not matter much, as long as you stay upwind.
Ive hade a geared feed jimna 6 for about 14 years. Works great. I was thinking of upgrading to newer hydraulic feed, but after watching videos they don’t seem to work any faster. Mine self feeds pretty reliably, very fey jambs. The chute does occasional clog, but that’s usually my fault for feeding too much.
I replaced blades last year, thats the 3 rd set of blades in 14 years. And I chip a lot of wood. Mostly softer wood though. Someday I’ll get the old blades resharpened.

/ New wood chipper : guess the brand/model #13  
Wallenstein gravity feeds at an angle, and their hydraulic feed has a straight chute, like a Woodmax WM-8H (which may or may not be a clone of the Wallenstein). Also the WM-8H is a 1080rpm machine, this one is direct drive 540rpm, 4 knives per rev. Much better for low HP machines IMHO. So Wallenstien is not the best match :)

What makes it a Wallenstein clone/copycat is more about the flywheel/knife/anvil setup, flywheel enclosure with top half side-hinged, exit chute geometry, and lower body & skid design. That was all part of their original design many many years ago. In the time since it's been attached to a whole bunch of different infeed arrangements, both by Wallenstein and copycats. Whoever the manufacturer is, they are definitely not the first ones to copy all that stuff.

/ New wood chipper : guess the brand/model #14  
The high chute angle is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand it is a bit of a work out to get full trees to engage the roller. On the other hand, it really helps to feed the small stuff. If I had to redesign I'd cut the angle in half, best of both worlds. Especially since I don't burn wood so I tend to feed it larger stuff.

Woodmax is getting warmer.
Is it a Betstco?

/ New wood chipper : guess the brand/model #15  
I sold it for 2 reasons, one I have lots of trees and I was constantly chipping and you can only use so many chips in the border beds and two, I find that roasting them is an easier option with a lot less after the fact cleanup and work. Nice pile, bit of accelerant (usually used motor oil), a match and that handles it.

Would I ever buy another one, no way.
That is all well and good if you can burn. The state I live in you can't burn. So than having a chipper is really the easiest way to take care of things easily.

Is it a Betstco?
No not a Betstco. My chute is perpendicular to the wheel, while the Betstco is at an angle. Lots of similarities of course. My feed box is 8"x8", the BX62R is 6.5x12. I suspect the angle feed needs more power per log inch, as you are exposing a bigger surface to the blades.

Also looked at the BX62R video, and it seems the feed is rough/uneven. Also seems it's running 2 rollers, I have one big roller. Mine feeds way more consistent, and it has an integrated hydraulic system (the Betstco BX62R uses your tractor hydraulics).

Last edited:
   / New wood chipper : guess the brand/model #17  
I live our chipper. Only 54 acres here but we have lots of times during the year where we cant burn, and there are lots of smaller things that we can get rid of it’s a combined effort. Burning is my preference. But by having a fee more choices it makes things more manageable. It looks like a Titan but I don’t know if they have hydraulic.

/ New wood chipper : guess the brand/model #18  
Have a nice pile that is growing. I'll be having a roast soon I suspect. Hard to beat rapid oxidation of combustible (wood). I need to get the marshmallows out too...

I live our chipper. Only 54 acres here but we have lots of times during the year where we cant burn, and there are lots of smaller things that we can get rid of it’s a combined effort. Burning is my preference. But by having a fee more choices it makes things more manageable. It looks like a Titan but I don’t know if they have hydraulic.
Not a Titan either. My best description would be a supersized Woodmax TM-86H. Very similar, but with bigger, thicker flywheel, and most important, a bigger feed opening than the TM-86H. There really is nothing comparable in the market and I am glad I went through the trouble of sourcing it direct.

/ New wood chipper : guess the brand/model #20  
Not a Titan either. My best description would be a supersized Woodmax TM-86H. Very similar, but with bigger, thicker flywheel, and most important, a bigger feed opening than the TM-86H. There really is nothing comparable in the market and I am glad I went through the trouble of sourcing it direct.
You might just want to say what it is, there's so many Chinese versions out there its sometimes hard to pin down a manufacture.

Looks very similar to a Mateng or another model that doesn't even seem to list a manufacturers name. Even then there can be soo many running changes that even the same models will look different depending on which container load they came in!