Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs

/ Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs #51  
Congrats!

/ Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs #52  
Awesome! Went through similar anguish trying to decide between the XR3037H and XR4040H for my first tractor just last month. Weight, bigger front wheels, and the higher PTO all contributed to the decision, and I'm already glad I picked the bigger horse. After mowing and scooping a little dirt 2 weeks ago, was very glad I chose HST.

Guessing you must've bought from RCO? Good folks and the delivery guy was awesome. Hope you enjoy!

/ Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs
Awesome! Went through similar anguish trying to decide between the XR3037H and XR4040H for my first tractor just last month. Weight, bigger front wheels, and the higher PTO all contributed to the decision, and I'm already glad I picked the bigger horse. After mowing and scooping a little dirt 2 weeks ago, was very glad I chose HST.

Guessing you must've bought from RCO? Good folks and the delivery guy was awesome. Hope you enjoy!

Yep! RCO. Stuart was very patient with all my newbie questions and didn't try to up sell me to a bigger tractor. Unfortunately, they didn't have any box blades in stock, so now I am trying to hunt one down or maybe order one online. As everything tractor related, the more money the bigger and sturdier the equipment, lol.

/ Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs #54  
Yep! RCO. Stuart was very patient with all my newbie questions and didn't try to up sell me to a bigger tractor. Unfortunately, they didn't have any box blades in stock, so now I am trying to hunt one down or maybe order one online. As everything tractor related, the more money the bigger and sturdier the equipment, lol.
If you have any money left I'm sure the guys at ETA could fix you up with a box blade PDQ.

If you have any money left I'm sure the guys at ETA could fix you up with a box blade PDQ.

I have their 72" box blade in my cart lol. But...the nearest freight hub is over 60 miles away if I want free delivery, so I am more likely to have it delivered to our farm. But if I pay for delivery then I should buy the other implements I will need in the future, right? Maximize delivery efficiency, lol?

/ Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs #56  
I have their 72" box blade in my cart lol. But...the nearest freight hub is over 60 miles away if I want free delivery, so I am more likely to have it delivered to our farm. But if I pay for delivery then I should buy the other implements I will need in the future, right? Maximize delivery efficiency, lol?

I've been led to believe that 60 miles in Texas was considered next door neighbors and nowhere near far enough if your daughters were pretty.

I've been led to believe that 60 miles in Texas was considered next door neighbors and nowhere near far enough if your daughters were pretty.

Haha! Indeed. Time is money though, so a 2.5 hour round trip versus a delivery charge is what I am considering. Maybe I can make it a family trip though to make it fun for the kids.

It arrived!

image.jpg

Took it out for an hour and filled in some deep ruts. Got stuck for ten minutes digging in muddy pasture, lol.

Going to order a box blade from EA on Monday.

/ Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs #59  
It arrived!

View attachment 421458

Took it out for an hour and filled in some deep ruts. Got stuck for ten minutes digging in muddy pasture, lol.

Going to order a box blade from EA on Monday.

Congratulations!!:thumbsup: Here is hoping it serves you well for years to come. .

/ Newbie trying to pick the right LS for our needs #60  
Just for some consideration. Maybe consider a roll over box blade. This way you don't have to stop and get off the tractor every time you may need the rippers. At 800lb or 850lbs, this will definitely get some work done for you and considerably less $$$ than a unit that has hydraulic actuated rippers. ;)