NH Boomer Rust?

/ NH Boomer Rust? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Considering a Boomer. Local dealer left 3 new units (2-D25D and 1-D29D) out all winter in N. IA with lots of snow this year. I inspected units and noticed a lot of rust on many different areas of the units. This makes me wonder how good the paint jobs are on the Boomers and should a prospective buyer be concerned about these 3 Boomers? Any potential problems to look for? I take very good care of my equipment and want to avoid problems going in. Your thoughts?

/ NH Boomer Rust? #2  
Barkley,

The Boomers all have composite (fiberglass, plastic?) hoods, fenders and operator areas. Nothing to rust there. The main frame members and undercarriage are steel. The loader arms and buckets are obviously steel too. Not that I like seeing rust, but it is hard for me to imagine that the integrity of the tractor is seriously compromised by a little rust. I'm not sure what qualifies as a lot of rust... My TC35D has miniscule amounts of rust here and there, of course my machine is kept out of the weather. You can get touch up paint. If it bugs you, tell the dealer to touch them up.

Peter