No Rotella T6

/ No Rotella T6 #213  
As covid hit and oil/fuel prices dropped I decided to buy enough engine oil and fuel for 4yrs worth of changes..sadly I didnt stock T6 and I use t6 in many of my vehicles. I went to buy some more about 3 weeks ago and couldn't get any. Even universal tractor fluid was hard to find.
I did find mobile Delos on sale with a rebate so stocked up on that.

/ No Rotella T6 #214  
As covid hit and oil/fuel prices dropped I decided to buy enough engine oil and fuel for 4yrs worth of changes..sadly I didnt stock T6 and I use t6 in many of my vehicles. I went to buy some more about 3 weeks ago and couldn't get any. Even universal tractor fluid was hard to find.
That sounds like me. I'll stock up for yrs use. Then when shortages appear, realize I didn't stock the oil I use in many of my vehicles...... :oops:

/ No Rotella T6 #215  
That sounds like me. I'll stock up for yrs use. Then when shortages appear, realize I didn't stock the oil I use in many of my vehicles...... :oops:
I actualy stocked 8 12qt boxes of 5w30 synthetic for my gas vehicles. That same oil is $10-12 more per case now.

/ No Rotella T6 #216  
I actualy stocked 8 12qt boxes of 5w30 synthetic for my gas vehicles. That same oil is $10-12 more per case now.
Yeah, my point was I would miss something critically important, as you did. :)

/ No Rotella T6 #218  
When the flu bug hit the U.S in Feb of 2020, we went out and bought 4 oil changes for each vehicle and tractors along with filters .
It filled the back of our truck. I also wanted a new truck but we held off (big mistake) so now we will just wait and see if prices come down soon.
I was not hording oil, as there was plenty on ALL store shelves throughout the whole country
I had a funny feeling about shortages back then, but I didn't see the vehicle shortage coming.

Last edited:
   / No Rotella T6 #219  
And this rationale is why there is a shortage. Just like the .22 ammo and toilet paper shortage.

If people would just buy what they needed when they needed it there would be this issue.

/ No Rotella T6 #220  
Tradosaurus, we live in a different world now than 2 years ago, people are rude and will fight you for a case of TP at costco.

If you don't buy it someone else will and sell it on the corner or Craigslist.

1641600367469.png