No Serious Injuries

/ No Serious Injuries #1  

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford
Yesterday my daughter in law was mowing when a dead limb fell after she bumped it with the ROPS. She received scrapes, bumps etc, but nothing serious. Be careful out there.

/ No Serious Injuries #2  
How did she get off so quickly the branch missed her? Or, did you lay the branch across the seat for the pictures?

/ No Serious Injuries #4  
Yesterday my daughter in law was mowing when a dead limb fell after she bumped it with the ROPS. She received scrapes, bumps etc, but nothing serious. Be careful out there.

I was driving my 3020 JD through the woods one day and my Father in law was walking a distance behind...We were going to load the FEL with firewood we had already cut up for his fireplace...When I got to the spot we were to load and dismounted , my Father in Law came running up and said .." You almost got killed...did you not hear that tree drop behind you ? " and I said No ! He said , " Your bush hog bumped a dead tree just as you passed and it just missed hitting you " *I had apparently been going just fast enough to outrun the falling tree...all the while oblivious to what was coming toward me..Sometimes we just get lucky..

/ No Serious Injuries #5  
Hmm; maybe we should do something about the ROP's. They are dangerous.:D

/ No Serious Injuries #6  
I really have to say I am impressed with the 4 corner one with a heavy plate top on the 1983 JD 310B backhoe. The 4 corner protection seems more common in other parts of the world for regular farm tractors.

Some of the older backhoes have none but I wanted it and a seat belt.

Lot trees have dead tops that are dangerous when bumped.

/ No Serious Injuries
How did she get off so quickly the branch missed her? Or, did you lay the branch across the seat for the pictures?

I honestly don't know how she avoided serious injury. For anyone who has experienced something like this, often the memory is not really very reliable.

She is scraped up, bruised and VERY sore. I would be guessing as to how she managed it, but I must assume that the ROPS took most of the force and it slid down onto the seat as the hazard flasher is broken off.

Definitely not staged as she was home alone with my son at work and I got there shortly after it happened.

We had a very bad ice storm here about fourteen months ago and stuff is still falling out of trees. I will not go up into our woods when it is windy unless I am in a cabbed tractor or my Rhino.

/ No Serious Injuries #8  
From what I see that is one lucky girl, it looks as if it could have been real serious. I am often glad in the woods that both of my tractors have a 4 point FOPS systems.

MarkV

/ No Serious Injuries #9  
I honestly don't know how she avoided serious injury. For anyone who has experienced something like this, often the memory is not really very reliable.

She is scraped up, bruised and VERY sore. I would be guessing as to how she managed it, but I must assume that the ROPS took most of the force and it slid down onto the seat as the hazard flasher is broken off.

Definitely not staged as she was home alone with my son at work and I got there shortly after it happened.

We had a very bad ice storm here about fourteen months ago and stuff is still falling out of trees. I will not go up into our woods when it is windy unless I am in a cabbed tractor or my Rhino.

She's a very very lucky lady!!
She must have heard the branch and dove off that tractor just in time. If she had been in that seat when the branch hit it, she'd likely have suffered broken bones (at least).

Last edited:
   / No Serious Injuries
From what I see that is one lucky girl, it looks as if it could have been real serious. I am often glad in the woods that both of my tractors have a 4 point FOPS systems.

MarkV

I may see if my son can fabricate something for mine.

This is the reason I put a hard top on my Rhino as I bumped a tree up in the woods one day when I had my cloth top on and a limb fell on the bed, just behind the ROPS.

The other two tractors we have up there have protection as one is cabbed and the other has a metal roof, but none of our mowers have anything but a ROPS.