Not Even Close....

/ Not Even Close.... #1  

Indian MC

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
I'm attempting to change out the oil in my B2601
Pretty much F*cked.
There is nothing even close to this photo while looking about under the Tractor.
I see two flush Bolts.. Are they the ones? Hex Keys? I have over 6K worth of tools and nothing that will fit this.

Attachments

• Oil Drain Plugs009.jpg
    Oil Drain Plugs009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 519
   / Not Even Close.... #2  
I'm attempting to change out the oil in my B2601
Pretty much F*cked.
There is nothing even close to this photo while looking about under the Tractor.
I see two flush Bolts.. Are they the ones? Hex Keys? I have over 6K worth of tools and nothing that will fit this.
Can you post a picture of that part of the tractor showing these flush bolts that you are talking about?

Aaron Z

/ Not Even Close.... #3  
Maybe search Youtube for a few videos? Gotta be a few on there showing your model Kubota, I would think.

/ Not Even Close.... #4  
The oil drain plugs are hard to miss, since they are on the two sumps of the oil pan (with shaft in between). Post a picture if unsure and someone here can confirm. Be gentle tightening them back up -- you can strip the pan threads very easily.

/ Not Even Close.... #5  
Mine is just like s219 says. Two sumps - one protruding bolt( drain plug ) on each sump.

View attachment 601239 . This will give you another diagram of what you are looking for. It's a page from my owners manual.

/ Not Even Close.... #6  
I'm going to ask a stupid question. Are you aware that these are metric nuts and bolts?

Joe

/ Not Even Close.... #7  
Did you buy the machine used? If so, that might be why... but why they would use something other than a hex cap bolt would be beyond me. Though, I've seen weirder things in my lifetime. I never ask why any more....

The only thing I can think of, they used Torx Plus headed bolts... most people don't have the tools for them -- they are specialty. The sizes are rather odd compared to regular torx. I typically find these on pickup truck beds that auto manufacturers use.

Why they put them in your tractor is beyond me. Maybe someone was stealing their oil!?

/ Not Even Close.... #8  
Should look like this. And yes the manual is not accurate about location and number of drain points at all!!

I just found out there apparently is another one on the clutch bellhousing that contains oil also that I have been missing all along? I always thought it was just to drain moisture if you ever got into water the way it was described. I had no idea there was oil there.

Anyway here are the three I know for sure. The one by the mid PTO snub and the two at the bottoms of the sumps. They should be bolts and look just like the ones that bolt the casings together. But when you look close you can see the difference in that they have sealing type washers unlike the washers used elsewhere.

Attachments

• 101_1716 (Large).jpg
    101_1716 (Large).jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 101_1705 (Large).jpg
    101_1705 (Large).jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 101_1695 (Large).jpg
    101_1695 (Large).jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 101_1691 (Large).jpg
    101_1691 (Large).jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
   / Not Even Close.... #9  
What guy designed this and what was he thinking?tapatalk_jpeg_1555866871865.jpeg