Tractor Sizing Nothing-Electronic... 4x4... cabin.. 6-cyl?

/ Nothing-Electronic... 4x4... cabin.. 6-cyl? #61  
MTZ/Belarus - there is a very limited number of "grandfathered" units with Tier 3 engines still available in USA/Canada
105, 122 and 155 hp models.
Most are purely mechanical: no DEF, no Computers, No complicated electronics. Contact the company for details info@mtzequipment.com or 1-855-246-4689
I have one of those, a MTz 1220.4 , It is a great tractor. My only gripe is when using it as a loader tractor you need to shift 2 gearshifts to get the production out of it. Otherwise it is a great heavy built tractor. I have owned it 5 years and still have not installed weight in the back tires....

/ Nothing-Electronic... 4x4... cabin.. 6-cyl?
I know that you are looking at a 5.9 cummins,
have you considered the 8.3 cummins it was used in the IH Magnum series,
most of them had the 18 speed power shift, little electronics,
extremly durable and reliable, good operating tractor,
the 7110's started around 130 hp then you can go up the 7240 with the same basic engine was over 200 hp.
I *have* 2 5.9's, one in my snow-blower and one that's almost new in the shop thast needs some TS and maybe a fuel pump but if I just drop in the long block and adopt the 5130 accessories then not even that.

Just fishing for a general purpose 4x4 tractor that 'could' take a Cummins-5.9. I'd like the smallest frame but not so small that a bigger engine will just spin the wheels under load. 400 lbs of torque is pretty standard for this engine at around 1600 rpm and I would want to be able to actually use it. I saw an Oliver-1955, a Case-985XL, and a Case-5230 but I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to tractors. These seem a little too high, is there a fad to build them much higher than they need to be or am I just imagining things? The JD-50XY would be closer in size. I'm looking for the latest possible dates/models withOUT digital services of ANY kind and preferably withOUT any electronic services even. I know there are lots of knowledgable people here with invaluable experience who can cite a short list just like that, me I have to bury myself in data sheets for days to get some perspective :)

TIA

Update 2022-Oct-28
================

It's been a while, I'm slow at times :)

Looking at a CIH-5130 next week, heard some horror stories about shuttle-switches and speed-shift modules. I don't need ANY fancy stuff, can I operate manually without these? I know prices are going through the roof, just redid my Cat-426 cabin April to Sept
View attachment 768254

then almost roled it in a ravine during shakedown trials:

Done!

Just as I was casing a Case-IH 5130 that I was ready to buy I stumbled upon a 1991 Deutz-Fahr-Dx-6.05 with an air cooled 6-holer. Its F6L912 engine puts out only about 300 ft-lbs but some versions of it can go to 500 (3 size ranges of crank throw and cyl bore combos avail, I yet have to research all that). The price was right so I bought it partly because it has a 2-speed PTO in the back PLUS a 1000 rpm one in the front WITH a full cat-III 3-point on both ends I think, an extra set of wheels for a dually setup too. Hauled it home last Monday. NO ELECTRONICS other than a few ghimmicks like what I think is a digital hour-meter supposed to say over 4000 hours but which I can't even find.

So I'll be starting some new threads about it and/or its engine etc. over time. Thanks to all the good DIY-ers who chimed in on this topic. For me it was a pleasure and a long road of discovery that ends with this, to become other roads

That extra Cummins 12-Valve I had went to my son who hauled the Dx-6.05 home with/for me. He has plans for a Suburban resto/mod :)

Just in closing I GOTTA thank all the advice received here in 6 years, I really was sold on them 5130's but what scared me were the horror stories about speed-shifts and shuttle-switches none of which I need. And then came this dx6.05 with a 3-point on each end plus effetively 3 PTO's.

/ Nothing-Electronic... 4x4... cabin.. 6-cyl? #65  
Post a link to the new thread if you start one.