Novel homemade tree pulling device

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #2  
I guess there is always more then one way to skin a cat. That guy make me look stupid the way I do it though.

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #3  
I LIKE IT!

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #4  
Doesn't look like the root system on those trees pose much of a problem.

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device
Doesn't look like the root system on those trees pose much of a problem.
That root system is pretty typical of the trash trees I removed with my ripper. Not all trees have long tap roots.

I did note however that the V jaw seemed to work best when it slid up to where branches allowed a solid purchase. Might not work quite as well with a tall tree. On the other hand you could just back the V into the tree more firmly before lowering the contraption's feet and lifting.

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #6  
I've had good luck with the dozer bald and chain... it is strong enough to tear apart the roots on stubborn trees and yank concrete embedded posts and poles like nothing...

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #7  
I've had good luck with the dozer bald and chain... it is strong enough to tear apart the roots on stubborn trees and yank concrete embedded posts and poles like nothing...
I don't know about you, but when I was pulling old fence posts with my L3200 (1k lbs rated loader) I couldn't tell the difference between ones with cement or not until after they came out. Half the concreted ones popped out of the concrete & others came with the concrete. The hardest ones I remember were just in dirt. I had to wiggle those a little before they would pull.

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #8  
For what that guy is doing, getting high stumps out seems like a real neat rig, all the down and up pressure in directed at the ground, not on the tractor, cleaver idea. I bet that would work on trees up to 6" or so, better then my L3400 tractor bucket.

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #9  
Gee he's lucky,
Around here he'd need a permit for each tree he wanted to pull.
Even 10 year old dead trees have to be kept as they could provide roosting for some species of birds.
Just this week our city published a bulletin depicting the safe age of dead trees and the benefits of leaving those stumps.

LOL,one neighbor who taps maples for syrup discovered that one maple near his drive was actually dry and dead.
He advised the city that that a maple on (city property) was dead and therefore a hazard.
3 weeks later a wind storm blew that tree down ONTO HIS CAR so he sued city and won, with city repairing his car.

So now when I see a large pot hole I advise them so that I can get my suspension repaired by them.
Recently I observed them with a pick up and a 3 man crew shoveling bagged asphalt into our numerous pot holes, naturally that was 2 vehicles, one worker and 3 flag men.

/ Novel homemade tree pulling device #10  
Ain't that the truth... Property owners have all the responsibility but less and less say...