NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #41  
Jim, The dealer you went to before with all the trouble was that the dealer ship with all the you tube videos? They are only open Wednesdays on.

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping
New Holland boomer now recommends 0w40 full sun and has new pcm strategy to limit roms until oil is warm to prevent turbo failures.

Very interesting info. My turbo has been leaking prior to August of 2019. I spoke with the service manager today. He said specifically that you should not be able to wipe oil out of the intake hose. I was able to do that back when I was having regeneration problems and a bad fuel injector. Now I really think that is what started the seal leaking way back then. My tractor had so many failed regenerations that it was pathetic. Oil in the intake hose and an injector pumping 50% more fuel than it should have been doing. My own research said that a totally plugged DPF can in fact cause the seal to blow on a turbo. The claim is going in on my tractor. I can not for the life of me say enough about the dealer where my tractor is now. They have been in constant contact with me on my tractor and letting me know what is going on. There is no doubt in my mind that driving an extra hour to this place was well worth in my opinion. When all is said and done I will leave a review on them. They will now be my go to place for parts in the future.

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #43  
Mine is a 2015 NX5510, 1050 hrs, hasn't been right for 2 years now, thought replacing the turbo fixed it, but no. I've used Rotella T6 full synthetic 5W-40 since the first oil change, I use it in every piece of equipment, no problems with anything but this defective tractor.

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #44  
Mine is a 2015 NX5510, 1050 hrs, hasn't been right for 2 years now, thought replacing the turbo fixed it, but no. I've used Rotella T6 full synthetic 5W-40 since the first oil change, I use it in every piece of equipment, no problems with anything but this defective tractor.

Good day. Wondering what you mean by not right. How long do you go between regens? I had turbo and 1 injector replaced last summer. Now getting about 25 hours between regens. Not quite as good as before. Maybe a function of DPF slowly degrading? Concerned about what happens when warranty expires.

Jim, The dealer you went to before with all the trouble was that the dealer ship with all the you tube videos? They are only open Wednesdays on.

Yes, they told me that they couldn't get responses from Kioti. They always had lots of jobs ahead of me when I brought it there for the same issue. The mechanic was always trying to keep on top of it. One bill mentions over 12 emails and 15 phone calls to Kioti. The new place already has the head off my engine. #3 is piston is very loose. Papers going in today for a request to replace the motor.

Just out of curiosity what weight oils are you guys using with the turbo seal issues?
Are you using 15w-40 or one of the lighter 5w-40's or even 0w-40.
Cold weather + cold oil + rpm = high oil pressure.

Lou, Kioti does use an oil pressure relief valve right near the oil filter base on the NX series tractors. It is in my Kioti repair manual.

Mine had the turbo replaced because of a leaking seal and repeatedly ending up in limp mode. It went into limp mode 10 hours after the new turbo was installed. It's back at the dealer. Class action lawsuit anyone? There's obviously a defect.

Did you get your tractor back yet?

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #48  
Good day. Wondering what you mean by not right. How long do you go between regens? I had turbo and 1 injector replaced last summer. Now getting about 25 hours between regens. Not quite as good as before. Maybe a function of DPF slowly degrading? Concerned about what happens when warranty expires.

Will not auto-regen, goes into limp mode in 5 hours due to plugged DPF.

Did you get your tractor back yet?

No

Will not auto-regen, goes into limp mode in 5 hours due to plugged DPF.

No

I hope they get to the bottom of your problems. Ask them to check the air intake hose for oil leakage from the turbo. If they ask why, tell them about my tractor with a blown motor that all started with a leaking turbo seal and bad fuel injector with less than 430 hours on it and ended up with a blown motor at 684 hours.

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #50  
My turbo oil seal was leaking and the turbo was replaced. That was the first repair and it didn't work. Now they have no idea.