Off Road Diesel

/ Off Road Diesel #21  
Yep, Plug Power was going great guns 15 years ago before GE bought into them drove the stock way up and then pulled the carpet out from under them.
It is viable technology but hydrogen storage and tank filling is going to be a big stumbling block.

/ Off Road Diesel #22  
Your tractor and other piston powered stuff will be fueled with hydrogen one day. Check out the stock PLUG. Walmart has penned a deal with them to provide the hydrogen fuel cells for their electric truck fleet. Eventually we may have fuel cells providing electricity for our homes. Li batteries have limitations that are overcome by hydrogen fuel cells.

I’m gonna wait for the Mr. Fusion generator.

Hydrogen is really fun stuff though. In volumetric concentrations greater than 4% it can self ignite in the presence of a sufficient quantity oxygen. And it is very hard to contain because of its molecular size.

/ Off Road Diesel #23  
Yep, Plug Power was going great guns 15 years ago before GE bought into them drove the stock way up and then pulled the carpet out from under them.
It is viable technology but hydrogen storage and tank filling is going to be a big stumbling block.

The handling and distribution of H+ will be sorted out. I'm betting that Walmart has that figured out for their fleet. Also, Amazon has a fleet of fuel cell vehicles. I wonder if AOC knows about H+? Naaaw...she's a bartender turned politician....not much goin' on upstairs.

/ Off Road Diesel #24  
Depending on your retailer, off road diesel and the on-road fuel may be different due to fuel turnover. If you use your diesel tractor in winter, you want winter grade fuel to aid in starting. You retailer may not have the sales volume to keep up with the seasons. I do not use off road diesel for this reason. I buy diesel fuel from retailers that turn diesel fuel over frequently. Truck stops are a good source of fresh fuel that is correct grade for the seasons. BTW, I also add a bit of additive to increase the fuel's lubricity. The current low sulphur diesel fuels are not that friendly with some fuel injection systems.
Used off road diesel for the last 25 years(My own outdoor tanks) with NO ISSUES summer and winter blend.I use winter additives and never had any gelling problems..

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 356
   / Off Road Diesel #25  

I own several shares of Plug Power stock. ~$51/share. I think I bought in ~$12/share.

/ Off Road Diesel #26  
I own several shares of Plug Power stock. ~$51/share. I think I bought in ~$12/share.

Historical daily share price chart and data for Plug Power since 1999 adjusted for splits. The latest closing stock price for Plug Power as of January 14, 2021 is 66.54.

The all-time high Plug Power stock closing price was 1498.00 on March 10, 2000.
The Plug Power 52-week high stock price is 73.90, which is 11.1% above the current share price.

And this from June of 2019;
Many publicly traded companies have fallen from grace. But few have done it as dramatically as hydrogen fuel-cell maker Plug Power (NASDAQ:pLUG). PLUG stock debuted on Wall Street in 1998 — in the early innings of the tech bubble- – at $120. By the peak of that bubble in 2000, shares were trading near $1,500.

PLUG Stock: Why Plug Power Stock May Not Be Worth The Risk ... Yet

Today, the PLUG stock price trades hands at $2 and change. That is quite literally a 99.9% wipe-out in value over the past two decades.

What’s up with Plug Power stock today? The company is pushing forward on the hydrogen fuel-cell front with mixed success. On one end, revenues and billings are growing rapidly because of more widespread deployment of commercial hydrogen vehicles. On the other end, the consumer market remains sluggish while margins remain depressed. Plus, the company continues to lose a bunch of money, all against the backdrop of a debt-burdened balance sheet.
The Plug Power 52-week low stock price is 2.53, which is 96.2% below the current share price.
The average Plug Power stock price for the last 52 weeks is 12.45

I had some plug power stock and didn't do great or terrible on I made a bit but I didn't sell in it's early peak unfortunately, sold to soon.

/ Off Road Diesel #27  
I bought after the fall from grace when it bottomed. Still convinced hydrogen will prolong the IC engine. Thought about selling, but not now. Also own Ballard Power.

/ Off Road Diesel #28  
I bought after the fall from grace when it bottomed. Still convinced hydrogen will prolong the IC engine. Thought about selling, but not now. Also own Ballard Power.

Every so often i hear about a truck co called Nicla? I guess the Tesla name was already taken? They are building an 18 wheeler powered by hydrogen fuel cells.

It was a few years ago but at that time they were claiming to be sold out for 5 years? Their argument is battery based trucks give up too much load capacity due to their batteries.

Plenty of hydrogen out there.

/ Off Road Diesel #29  
Every so often i hear about a truck co called Nicla? I guess the Tesla name was already taken? They are building an 18 wheeler powered by hydrogen fuel cells.

It was a few years ago but at that time they were claiming to be sold out for 5 years? Their argument is battery based trucks give up too much load capacity due to their batteries.

Plenty of hydrogen out there.

GM was rumored to be buying a 11% stake in Nikola, but pulled out. They didnt like what they saw.
I like the idea of an IC engine powered by a clean fuel with 0 tailpipe emissions more than electric, because electric STILL REQUIRES more coal burning power plants to charge them.
Unfortunately, the Sunami about to hit us is all electric. The gubmit went head long into it by subsidizing it and with the emotional teenagers screaming about environmentalism, I think the hydrogen possibility won’t get off the ground in any BIG way soon. :rolleyes:
Thats why I invested in Plug and Ballard.

/ Off Road Diesel #30  
I filled my fuel drum up with off road last fall, I paid $1.40 a gallon. Wish I had a bigger drum.

My supplier is where the farmers in this area get their fuel.

They said, they really don't want to deal with a bunch of angry farmers, so their off road fuel is a quality product. They even put in their own additive package, which they showed me, to make sure of it.

It's been 15 years, and I have had zero problems.

Sure wish I could buy off road gasoline for my mowers. :greedy: