Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing?

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #51  
Yeah, I agree with that Roger. But it doesn't appear to have taken much thought to improve on the design.

What's the attachment used most with 3rd function hydraulics??? I'm gonna guess a Grapple.

What's the most used function of a Grapple. I'm gonna guess moving brush.

So logic would dictate that 3rd function hydraulics should come better protected. In this case it looks like my teenage Grandson went to the Farm and Home store and bought a bag of fittings and hoses....

In the case of my M9540, the 3rd function hydraulics are very well protected. Valve is hidden away between the transmission and the joystick valves. The hoses running to the connectors are also fairly well protected and hidden.

I guess in a way the 3rd function on a tractor is somewhat of a afterthought because it is a dealer installed item. Maybe they wanted it to be easy for the dealer to install.

I would say a grapple or a snowblade would be the 2 popular things that require a 3rd function. Grapples are hard on a tractor.

I looked mine again today and the worst thing about it is a hose hangs down.

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #52  
Roger, it would take a pretty good sized stick to tear yours off but it could still happen. Looks like they tried to protect the fittings and left the hose exposed. By the picture, it doesn't look like it would be easy to fix that problem.

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #53  
Roger, it would take a pretty good sized stick to tear yours off but it could still happen. Looks like they tried to protect the fittings and left the hose exposed. By the picture, it doesn't look like it would be easy to fix that problem.

If the fitting was turned straight up and the hose was long enough I could run it over the rod for better protection. I am that worried about it. I try to be careful about what I run over.

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #54  
If the fitting was turned straight up and the hose was long enough I could run it over the rod for better protection. I am that worried about it. I try to be careful about what I run over.

I was thinking the same thing... a couple of elbows and that thing could be routed beside the oilpan instead of under it. Would still leave the fittings exposed but they might be easier to protect than that dangling hose.

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #55  
Looks like to me Kubota rushed the 60 series into production, everything looks like an afterthought run lines here or lets run lines there as they were building it.
That massive disconnect, I mean really you don't have 5 minutes to disconnect the lines? It only takes five minutes to remove the loader as it was are they shooting for a 2 minute change?

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #56  
It's probably an oversimplification, but in the compact/subcompact market, Kubota competes with Deere in one end of the market (top-dollar equipment, lots of features, all kinds of easy-to-use, don't get your hands soiled features (not being critical here; Deere sells good stuff) and with other makes that compete mainly on price point, value, work performance and no-frills design (no criticism here either). With the GL series, they seem to be evolving more to the higher end of the market, and they're trying to find worthwhile premium features, so you might guess they figure big green is their main rival. Those of us with GL models may have to work on operating the FEL, etc., in a more gentlemanly manner (i.e. with our pinky finger extended, perhaps?). :laughing:

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #57  
   / Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing?
Here are a couple of pics I took showing the third function valve and where I think Kubota should have provided a bit more protection.

The valve is well protected and out of the way behind the step. Lines come into the valve from the rear (solid lines) and head to the FEL (black flex lines).

Here's the weak point IMO. Kubota should have provided another plate, say 4x4 angle, that bolts to the block plate the hydro lines come through for protection of those couplings. Just enough to cover the rigid lines and get past where they curve back, probably 6-8 inches at most.

Hope this helps.

John

John,

When you get a chance, can you take a couple pics of where the 3rd function connectors/hoses are mounted to the FEL crossbar and where they go forward when you have an implement mounted?

I am probably going to order an ETA wicked root grapple and they will need me to tell them how long of hoses to ship with the grapple. So they want some measurements to help that.

I am hoping to figure out the measurements from your pic and measuring an LA1055 loader in person so that I can order the implements as soon as possible. My new tractor probably won't be done for a couple weeks, and since Travis of ETA says the implements I am interested in dont' get built until after the order I don't want to wait that long.

Thanks, Bill

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #59  
John,

When you get a chance, can you take a couple pics of where the 3rd function connectors/hoses are mounted to the FEL crossbar and where they go forward when you have an implement mounted?

I am probably going to order an ETA wicked root grapple and they will need me to tell them how long of hoses to ship with the grapple. So they want some measurements to help that.

I am hoping to figure out the measurements from your pic and measuring an LA1055 loader in person so that I can order the implements as soon as possible. My new tractor probably won't be done for a couple weeks, and since Travis of ETA says the implements I am interested in dont' get built until after the order I don't want to wait that long.

Thanks, Bill

I'll be glad to. I actually had to extend mine because I told Travis 42" would be plenty long. Of course I said that without measuring. :confused3:

/ Opinions on l60 vs l40, esp FEL hydraulics routing? #60  
2013-08-23 07.22.34.jpg

2013-08-23 07.22.41.jpg

Bill,

Hope these help. My longest hose is 58" and the other is about 6" shorter.