Opinons wanted Cimaf vs Rotary Cutter

/ Opinons wanted Cimaf vs Rotary Cutter #41  
You hit metal. Wait until you hit metal with carbide tools. The carbide tools don't last much longer than the planer tools in poor conditions and the trade off in performance isn't worth the life expectancy of the carbide. Mulchers and Rock or steel = teeth no matter what you have bolted to the drum. FYI the CIMAF tools and King Kong are not the same weight neither are the Gyro teeth. They're all different weights.

/ Opinons wanted Cimaf vs Rotary Cutter
Good info. Have you ever run a mixed batch of teeth and kept the head in balance?

/ Opinons wanted Cimaf vs Rotary Cutter #43  
If you change them try change in opposing pairs so try change teeth directly across from each other. IE 9:00-3:00. Doesn't always work but it's your best chance. Always best to change in batches.

/ Opinons wanted Cimaf vs Rotary Cutter #44  
If you change them try change in opposing pairs so try change teeth directly across from each other. IE 9:00-3:00. Doesn't always work but it's your best chance.
Also replace teeth from opposite ends. IE third one in at 3 o'clock, third one in at 9 o'clock from opposite end and so on. This helps with the dynamic balance

/ Opinons wanted Cimaf vs Rotary Cutter #45  
I have an ASV RC-100 with a Loftness Carbide Cutter Head. When I bought it the original owner had swapped the carbide teeth out with some planer teeth. I have the Carbide teeth (Barely if ever used) but haven't put them on to try them out. Which teeth woudl be the best for mulching small trees/brush? How much difference does it make to have new/sharpend/not beat up teeth vs used dinged up but sharpened teeth. THe teeth I have on the machine, some look pretty dinged up, but they are reversable, btu I haven't reversed them yet? Got a big job coming up adn want to get it mulching the best I can.

Reverse the planer teeth to the unused side or put the carbide teeth on?

Thanks, guys