Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #381  
Yesterday I was out showing the Palouse to my sister who is visiting from Tennessee. Went up Steptoe Butte but you could only see 20 or so miles due to the smoke. Saw a several of fields of Garbs and lintels that have been considered a total loss and sprayed with Roundup.
Ag news says a lot of fields are being abandoned. The Palouse and Montana will make a big hole in US wheat and lentil production this year. Vegetables may get dear too. I saw an interview of a guy in California who is letting hundreds of acres of asparagus die because of no water. Asparagus is a perennial crop, so it will be at least two years after the drought ends before it is back in production. That's if he sticks with asparagus. He may have to plant something with a quicker return to stay in business.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
Well - things are returning to normal. The weather folks missed it by quite a ways today. They predicted 93 - - it's already 98 and climbing.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #383  
For what information I have gathered about you thusfar,
I think you’d be real happy in Lancaster County, PA.
Nice, stable weather.
No wildfires, droughts, mudslides, large tornados/hurricanes/water spouts
4 distinct seasons
Affordable real estate
No gun ownership issues
Stable electrical grid
Lots of clean, fresh air
Great local food
No crime
Reasonably low taxes
Large city nearby, but far enough from crime from it
Beaches 1.5 hours away
Mountains, skiing, white water rafting 1 hour away
I think Pennsylvania just got hit with a tornado......yeiks

Peaked at 100F earlier this evening. Now at 8pm - 94F. I'll be turning the fans on later this evening. Very light smell of smoke outside.

It's so hot/dry - even the weeds in the yard are now dying. The grass is long gone - turns tan then to dust. It will green up come the fall rains.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #385  
Temperature peak here today was 87 degrees F and humidity peak was 79%. But 47 days without rain, that is the big problem.

Dry is, more or less, normal here. But it's the above normal temps that are a bugger. I think some rain could help the both of our situations.

Doesn't appear that we are going to see any - any time soon.

I think we have peaked - 103F @ 4:30 with smoke.

8-1-2021. Today is a good day. The temps are down - 72F - it's raining - the smoke has left this area. I might just be able to run the big fans ALL day.

What a WELCOME change. I hope folks up in N ID are getting some of this.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #390  
8-1-2021. Today is a good day. The temps are down - 72F - it's raining - the smoke has left this area. I might just be able to run the big fans ALL day.

What a WELCOME change. I hope folks up in N ID are getting some of this.
Nope