Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #601  
Was moving a pile of top soil a few days ago, even with several inches of rain earlier in the week the soil was dusty dry 2" down. Neighbor had a burn permit for a medium sized pile in the middle of his mowed pasture, the fire started the thin layer of grass clippings on fire and burned about 30 feet from the pile before he got a hose out there. I went over and tilled a fire break for him as well.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
Yes - except for the brief afternoon sun and warmth - I do believe all the really hot days are a thing of the past. It's 2:35 AM and 33 F right now. This means it will dip below freezing just before sunrise. Frost on the grass and on the truck windshield.

Well - it's 24F at 8 AM here. An hour ago it was 21F. Just a guess, but I'll bet fall is just about done.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #604  
Well - it's 24F at 8 AM here. An hour ago it was 21F. Just a guess, but I'll bet fall is just about done.
The view out my kitchen window this morning....
P1011714rtbn.jpg

If nothing else, I hope these recent storms put out the California fires so I have clean air to breathe.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #605  
Snow on the slopes ! Been there, but yours is actual snow :ROFLMAO:

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #606  
   / Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #607  
I like the white shed!

MoKelly
Thank you! Built that a year or so ago out of scrap materials I had laying around. It's my fueling station - keep the big tank with pump for dyed diesel in there. Also where I store my chainsaws, gasoline, etc. as it is distant from any of my other buildings so if there were a fire the other buildings wouldn't be affected.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #608  
Looks like a big one headed for BC-AK. WA may get some spill-over.

Bruce

"This storm is deeper (lower pressure) than the extreme Columbus Day storm of October 12, 1962--the greatest storm to hit the Northwest in 100 years or more."

"And this storm will produce big waves, with the forecast significant wave heights for 5 PM Thursday reaching 30-35 ft."

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #609  
Hmmm, rains a coming

B18D21E6-0D44-4FC3-BA5B-8B5E3E3A2C64.jpg

Ah - it's great. A little rain almost every day here.