Paintball Tips

/ Paintball Tips #1  

copytmpmzl

Bronze Member
Tractor
ford raptor
Well, I am about to turn 30 and going this coming Saturday for the first time ever, Paintball Tips.

Well, I have a few questions, and please be honest.

How bad does it hurt? I used to train in kickboxing, and I figured if I can handle that, how bad can it be.

Outfit, well I was never the catalog type, so that's out. Not going to buy it, unless I really get into this and do it regularly. However, I got suggestions and came up with the following. Tan Timerline hiking boots (already broken in), black sweat pants, bring a t-shirt but wear a long sleeve shirt for you want to expose the least amount of skin, and a baseball hat wears backward to help protect the back of the neck. Oh how could I forget: a cup

Last edited:
   / Paintball Tips #3  
Any activity that has a device called Dial-A-Welt involved should probably be observed and maybe shot once in the butt from 20' to see for yourself before complete immersion. ;)

/ Paintball Tips #4  
i played, make sure you wear goggles!/facemask coat them in spit or baby soap, so they don't fog up.

if your use to shooting a gun, your going to be disappointed they are not remotely as accurate.

keep the gun clean, or it will jam.

within 10 feet will cause large black and blue marks through clothing if hit.

(i took 6 hits to the stomach in a matter of 4 seconds) I was 25 in shape and on the ground waiting for the pain to stop.

its pretty fun though

/ Paintball Tips #5  
Are you going to an actual dedicated paintball range, or are these just a bunch of guys running around in a field?

Actual ranges have rules and safety requirements. You will not be able to play if you don't have the gear, helmet, face mask, eye protection. Some ranges make you use only their paintballs. Stops A-hats that do things like freeze them first, or use other ingredients other than paint. They usually specify a power or velocity maximum allowed on the range, as A-hats are also known to crank up the gas output on their guns to increase velocity and make them hurt more.

Just some of the random bits I've picked up by listening to those that go do this kind of thing. I have always given it a hard pass. I don't want to "play" a game where random folks are shooting at me. I don't care if it's a "paintball gun".

Many years ago, some of the kids on my crew wanted me to go with them. I told them I could only bring the one gun, it was an M-1 Garand, and it only has the option of one color of "paint".

You kids have fun out there. But I'll pass.

/ Paintball Tips #6  
If your going to a regular range then no worries about frozen paint balls.

It may be hot, but a long sleeve shirt and pants of a stiffer design.

Blue jeans, carharts, ect.... same for a shirt.

If renting, they will supply a face mask as well as the gun. You just gotta purchase the balls which they sell on site.

We've enjoyed it. It does sting, but not too bad.

We've gone paint balling with the grandkids for birthday parties. 3 generations out there shooting at each other.

Where else can you get away with whooping up on your kids???

/ Paintball Tips #7  
Years ago, my two sons were always pestering me to take them paintballing. The answer was always no or maybe.

Then, the company I was working for had a "team building day" and they rented an entire wooded rural paintball field and all the equipment, all day, including a big barbecue. I WAS INSTANTLY HOOKED!

I went out the next day and purchased paintball guns for all 3 of us! We would travel up to 2 hours away to play with different teams. Great exercise, great bonding with the kids, overall great experience!

Depending on the distance you are hit from, it can hurt.... from a 'normal' distance, say 20-25', you know you got hit, but doesn't hurt much. I walked up on a guy hiding in the bushes, I saw him and we both unloaded at the same time, maybe 5' away from each other. We both dropped like rocks.

I got hit just above the belt on the far right. Within 5 minutes, there was a 6" diameter bruise with a white center the size of a paintball. That bruise did get bigger and lasted about 3 weeks. Stopped hurting after a couple days. Normal would be a small welt, maybe a slight bruise.

Then I got smart, upgraded my Tippman 98 with a longer barrel, silencer, adjustable gas pressure, and a progressive trigger (the more you pull, the faster it fires in full auto). I would pick out a spot high up on the ridge, and just pick off other players walking by. Lots of fun.

Go try it, keep safety in mind, have fun!

/ Paintball Tips #8  
MANY years ago - My son and some of his friends wanted to play paintball games on my property. I have 80 acres - open grass lands, stands of ancient Ponderosa pines, good places to hide and plan surprise attacks.

They were SOMEWHAT UPSET when I made them turn on the irrigation system and hose down outside. Not going to have any of that crap inside the house.

Today it's more about liability and safety. And who might sue who if somebody gets bruised.

/ Paintball Tips #9  
For a short time, I had an S-corp with a couple of buddies and we were going to have our own paintball business. Long story, but it only takes one idiot to ruin a business partnership.

The masks are a pain, but losing eyesight is worse. Getting hit can hurt, but you hardly notice it with adrenaline. I have been on team building outings for work where we played. Be careful of fire ants, if applicable. They hurt worse.

Markers, not 'guns'. They are not especially accurate, use 3 shot bursts for better results.

Safety first, but have fun.

/ Paintball Tips
Years ago, my two sons were always pestering me to take them paintballing. The answer was always no or maybe.

Then, the company I was working for had a "team building day" and they rented an entire wooded rural paintball field and all the equipment, all day, including a big barbecue. I WAS INSTANTLY HOOKED!

I went out the next day and purchased paintball guns for all 3 of us! We would travel up to 2 hours away to play with different teams. Great exercise, great bonding with the kids, overall great experience!

Depending on the distance you are hit from, it can hurt.... from a 'normal' distance, say 20-25', you know you got hit, but doesn't hurt much. I walked up on a guy hiding in the bushes, I saw him and we both unloaded at the same time, maybe 5' away from each other. We both dropped like rocks.

I got hit just above the belt on the far right. Within 5 minutes, there was a 6" diameter bruise with a white center the size of a Paintball Tips. That bruise did get bigger and lasted about 3 weeks. Stopped hurting after a couple days. Normal would be a small welt, maybe a slight bruise.

Then I got smart, upgraded my Tippman 98 with a longer barrel, silencer, adjustable gas pressure, and a progressive trigger (the more you pull, the faster it fires in full auto). I would pick out a spot high up on the ridge, and just pick off other players walking by. Lots of fun.

Go try it, keep safety in mind, have fun!
that's really helpful. thank you so much for your suggestions. i will surely try this