Paintball Tips

/ Paintball Tips #11  
I played semi professionally for a few years. Just worry about your eyes and the idiots around you. Aim like a shot gun. Both eyes open

I use to play in gym shorts and no shirt

It doesnt hurt. Adrenaline takes care of it.

But protect for eyes !

/ Paintball Tips #12  
Depending where you are bring bug repellent. Bad season here for the flys and other biting friends.

/ Paintball Tips #13  
I think you've gotten some good advice. I've only done it twice. I highly recommend layering up. The last time I played was with a lot of family that had never played. My brother tested out his gun before we started and said, "THAT'S GOING TO HURT!" I'd saying the pain is enough that you're going to openly admit that you're "out" and that you don't want to keep getting shot. It's also going to depend on the ammo. The last time we played, I'd say most of the balls didn't break when they hit us. One of my kids was very disappointed because she wore a white shirt and wanted to be colored.

/ Paintball Tips #14  
Loads of fun! I always wore blue jeans and a hoodie. The less exposed skin the better. Face mask and goggles are a must and usually you can rent them at the field. Cheaper to buy your own paint balls than to buy theirs. If you rent their guns they usually make you buy their paint balls.

Also yes wear a hat.

The idea is to make sure when you get shot there is a layer of clothing or two between the ball that hits you and your skin. It will absorb the energy and make it hurt less. I never ended up with much bruising.

/ Paintball Tips
Are you going to an actual dedicated paintball range, or are these just a bunch of guys running around in a field?

Actual ranges have rules and safety requirements. You will not be able to play if you don't have the gear, helmet, face mask, eye protection. Some ranges make you use only their paintballs. Stops A-hats that do things like freeze them first, or use other ingredients other than paint. They usually specify a power or velocity maximum allowed on the range, as A-hats are also known to crank up the gas output on their guns to increase velocity and make them hurt more.

Just some of the random bits I've picked up by listening to those that go do this kind of thing. I have always given it a hard pass. I don't want to "play" a game where random folks are shooting at me. I don't care if it's a "paintball gun".

Many years ago, some of the kids on my crew wanted me to go with them. I told them I could only bring the one gun, it was an M-1 Garand, and it only has the option of one color of "paint" and boardgames.

You kids have fun out there. But I'll pass.
thank you so much for your suggestion

/ Paintball Tips
Are you going to an actual dedicated paintball range, or are these just a bunch of guys running around in a field?

Actual ranges have rules and safety requirements. You will not be able to play if you don't have the gear, helmet, face mask, eye protection. Some ranges make you use only their paintballs. Stops A-hats that do things like freeze them first, or use other ingredients other than paint. They usually specify a power or velocity maximum allowed on the range, as A-hats are also known to crank up the gas output on their guns to increase velocity and make them hurt more.

Just some of the random bits I've picked up by listening to those that go do this kind of thing. I have always given it a hard pass. I don't want to "play" a game where random folks are shooting at me. I don't care if it's a "paintball gun".

Many years ago, some of the kids on my crew wanted me to go with them. I told them I could only bring the one gun, it was an M-1 Garand, and it only has the option of one color of "paint".
best paintball mask website
You kids have fun out there. But I'll pass.
thank you so much for your suggestion

/ Paintball Tips #19  
Cover as much skin as you possibly can. Face mask/eye protection a must. If you are going to a commercial field they will rent it. If not that is something to spend $ on. I always wore jeans and a "hoodie" because the hood helped protect the back of the neck. I did not wear the hood up, it was just back there protecting things.

Obviously the pain is water soluble, but wear clothes you do not care about.