Pallet Forks?

/ Pallet Forks? #1  

Dsewell1963

Tractor
2021 Massey Furguson 1840E
I have a 1840 MF. Would clamp on pallet forks work well on my loader and would you use chains to secure them?
Thanks

/ Pallet Forks? #2  
I have clamp on forks on three different Kubotas....BX2660, B2620 and B2650. They worked well on all three machines. They have served on moving large fallen pine logs....24 inch X 12 feet, on brush, on square hay bales, on moving old junk around etc.,...even some very large rocks.

The buckets were never damaged. The "Bucket Solutions" company were the manufacturer. I needed no chains for securing.

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• 747.JPG
    747.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 151
  • 753.JPG
    753.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 137
  • 1987.JPG
    1987.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 128
  • 1989.JPG
    1989.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
   / Pallet Forks? #4  
Clamp on forks might work depending on how high your standards are but they’ll never work well.

/ Pallet Forks? #5  
If I had the money and a quick attach bucket, I'd buy the the real pallet fork set up.....but not with a pin on bucket. Yet, I repeat, I've had good results with the clamp on forks from Bucket Solutions.....maybe the difference in results could be in other manufacturers models...or the users ability.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Pallet Forks? #6  
I have a heavy duty bucket on my JD 4120, and I just bolt a couple pieces of heavy angle iron to the bottom when I need forks. I use 1/2" bolts thru the "tooth bar" holes in front, and drilled smaller holes for 3/8" bolts on back.

The bolted on forks work great for moving logs or brush. I made some longer wood extensions that attach to the short angle iron forks with a 1/2" bolt. I use those for lifting my heavy 8 ft cap on and off from my pickup truck.

I also cut a length of heavy iron, 12" wide c-channel that I bolt similarly, below the center of the bucket, for ditching, digging out and moving trees, etc..

/ Pallet Forks? #7  
I see these and how they clamp on bottom of bucket. I see they also brace up against the botttom side. But it seems like it would bend the bucket. Anyone have issues like that?

/ Pallet Forks? #8  
On my old tractor with a pin in bucket, I had clamp on forks, they worked, just not great. With the bucket on, there is almost no visibility when picking up the load. There were no issues bending the bucket because with the load out so far from the pivot point, your max available pickup weight is reduced a lot.

The new SSQA tractor and fork combo is so much better for me, but in a pinch, the clamp on forks work, just not ideal.

/ Pallet Forks? #9  
OP: why clamp on's rather than the full attach forks that would increase payload & be possibly safer?