PEACOCK INVASION !!!

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!! #1  

bullbreaker

Elite Member
Tractor
D Ranchers daughter'$
Hello to all , woke up this morning to six peacocks real close to back slideing glass doors . Once in a while we will get a giant one cruise through property . We have no idea who's property they have wandered off from . The larger ones with real super long feathers are beautiful . Most are blue , I believe those are the males (not sure have never goggled it) .

I know for a fact they are suckers for turkey box calls once years ago turkey hunting in Winchester Tenn a couple came in too my box turkey set up . Of course I would'nt or didnt blast them !

Attachments

• 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    401.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 074.JPG
    074.JPG
    387.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 065.JPG
    065.JPG
    417.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    328.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 073.JPG
    073.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 112
  • 069.JPG
    069.JPG
    559.8 KB · Views: 109
   / PEACOCK INVASION !!! #2  
When I lived in Florida, we had peacocks all around. Beautiful birds!

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!! #3  
Don’t feed them! They are a PITA! My neighbor has 12 of them and they are constantly over at our house searching for any food. A bunch of free loaders!

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!! #4  
Don’t feed them! They are a PITA! My neighbor has 12 of them and they are constantly over at our house searching for any food. A bunch of free loaders!

You are sooo right, wait until they jump on your cars. A neighbor down the road has around 20 of them pests...

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!! #5  
A couple of years ago the wife and I were out for a walk and we stopped by the neighbors for a chat. As we were talking an Ostrich comes running across the desert. Don't ask me where he came from or where he was going, but he was moving along at a good clip.

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!! #6  
My granddad used to keep a peacock and one or two females on the farm. We seldom even noticed their calls. My uncle, from out of town, told a good story about how the one that roosted in a tree near the room where he sleeping let out a death curdling scream in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
   / PEACOCK INVASION !!! #7  
Hello to all , woke up this morning to six peacocks real close to back slideing glass doors . Once in a while we will get a giant one cruise through property . We have no idea who's property they have wandered off from . The larger ones with real super long feathers are beautiful . Most are blue , I believe those are the males (not sure have never goggled it) .

I know for a fact they are suckers for turkey box calls once years ago turkey hunting in Winchester Tenn a couple came in too my box turkey set up . Of course I would'nt or didnt blast them !

Careful about the flock getting close to your vehicles, had my wife's older Mercedes-benz attacked by a flock of such :thumbdown: . . . maybe beceased now . . . ;)

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!!
Careful about the flock getting close to your vehicles, had my wife's older Mercedes-benz attacked by a flock of such :thumbdown: . . . maybe beceased now . . . ;)

Yes got ya 10-4 ........................thanks for heads up ! Years ago a fully matured emu come through here , I had a brilliant idea of lassoing "it" around the neck and penning it and selling , glad I didn't I believe it would have tore me up good just like the komodo dragon that I came across and got in my truck before it got "me" . Lots of exotic stuff lose down here in south Fla because owners release , get free in hurricanes etc .

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!! #9  
Yes got ya 10-4 ........................thanks for heads up ! Years ago a fully matured emu come through here , I had a brilliant idea of lassoing "it" around the neck and penning it and selling , glad I didn't I believe it would have tore me up good just like the komodo dragon that I came across and got in my truck before it got "me" . Lots of exotic stuff lose down here in south Fla because owners release , get free in hurricanes etc .

A Komodo dragon? D@mn don't think my dogs would get along with such :eek:, especially my old (13) year old Aussie . . . but a Emu? yikes!

/ PEACOCK INVASION !!! #10  
Doesn't some areas around LA have a bunch of peacocks because someone in the 1800's imported them?