Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #71  
Bold tile choice. Was that your idea?

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #72  
I've laid a limited amount of tile. Just enough to kinda know what I'm doing. I don't mind doing it, but it stresses me because of my lack of confidence.

As Eddie pointed out, very bold choice of tile design!!! :)

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.
Bold tile choice. Was that your idea?

My wifes. She's an amazing designer. I'm just the labor. I don't question her.

This is her inspiration (our vanity is being made to match this look as well):

powder_room_vanity.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #75  
Busy stage of the build. I'm finally taking over a lot of the finish work. I'm laying tile while my wife and friends paint. I have the DITRA down in all of the rooms. Half bath is done, laundry room is next. Only shot of the half bath floor I have.

View attachment 628596
I actually like the tile. Ive seen that design in quite a few of the new home builds going in around us. In a finished out home, it really looks good.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #76  
I actually like the tile. Ive seen that design in quite a few of the new home builds going in around us. In a finished out home, it really looks good.

I like it but then again we picked a similar tile.

49E16536-A880-407B-8B1A-E74ADFC576AA.jpeg01AE1C82-9A24-4EC9-B835-518329066DAB.jpeg

Hardwood floors are going down. This wood was harvested off our property and milled 4 years ago (we brought in a portable sawmill). We then had a local firm kiln dry and manufacture it. Looking great so far.

IMG_20191119_213627.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #78  
That is awesome!!!! Especially since it's grown on the property!!!! Thanks for the pic. Look forward to seeing it finished!!! :cool:

I wonder, why are they laying flooring before finishing sheetrock???

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #79  
Your floor is going to look really nice. How are you attaching it? Glue the edges and float it?

That is awesome!!!! Especially since it's grown on the property!!!! Thanks for the pic. Look forward to seeing it finished!!! :cool:

I wonder, why are they laying flooring before finishing sheetrock???

Sheetrock and painting is done. What you're seeing there is getting covered with solid trim.