Photo Posting How To

/ Photo Posting How To #22  
Grrrr or Rob or Larry

how do you draw on the pictures like Lary and Rob do?

tom

/ Photo Posting How To #23  
tommu56 said:
Grrrr or Rob or Larry

how do you draw on the pictures like Lary and Rob do?

tom
You do it with a photo editing program. I use Photoshop. But that is kinda pricy for most people. Here is a free one. IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
you take the picture and then draw on it with the editing program and then save it and then post it.
Windows Paint probably works also. I have not used it so long not sure.

/ Photo Posting How To
Jimbrown said:
You do it with a photo editing program. I use Photoshop. But that is kinda pricy for most people. Here is a free one. IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
you take the picture and then draw on it with the editing program and then save it and then post it.
Windows Paint probably works also. I have not used it so long not sure.

This is true, you have to edit the photo before you upload it to TBN.

There are different ways of doing it with different programs as mentioned, but I think the easiest way to do it is to use Paint, the free editing program included with all versions of Windows.

To open Paint, Go to Start, then All Programs or Programs and then Accessories then click on Paint.

This will open a blank white screen with a toolbar down the left hand side. The icons in the toolbar represent different drawing tools. Clicking on the Paintbrush will give you a pen that will draw a line.

To get your picture to draw on, you have to click on File and then Open. Then find the picture you want to edit. Then click Open.

You can then draw all over your picture.

To save this picture, click on Save or Save As in the File menu. Save As will let you save another copy of the picture you have edited, Save will overwrite the original picture.

Then upload it as per the other instructions.

/ Photo Posting How To #25  
Yeah,
Tom,
I use paint too. I also have infranview so either program will work.
It is important to use "save as" if you want to keep the original photo. Otherwise if you use "save" your original will be lost and the only one will be with all that scribbling on it. At least for me, since I screw up what I scribble on it, it is important to keep the original so I can screw it up too.:)

I agree with Jim that this thread should be stickied!

/ Photo Posting How To
Sorry to bring up an older topic.

I have just taken a video of my phone and got it on to another forum.

I thought about making a tutorial for uploading videos when I made this one for photos but didn't have time.

Would anyone find it usefull if I made a video uploading tutorial?

So many people have cameras and phones that can take videos, I thought that if I made one, more people would be able to show videos.

Also, many people do not realise that most digital cameras can take videos. These are easy to upload.

So, if anyone would find it usefull please reply and I will make another step by step tutorial.

/ Photo Posting How To #27  
Very helpful thread! I always wanted to know how to do the thumbnails.

Here's my first test

/ Photo Posting How To
tony123 said:
Very helpful thread! I always wanted to know how to do the thumbnails.

Here's my first test

Glad it helped you!

It is a shame this thread wasn't stickied or added to the FAQ becasue then I think more people would learn how to do it like you have.

/ Photo Posting How To #29  
Grrrr said:
Resizing Pictures

If you have a program like Photoshop you can use this to resize your image. You are aiming to make the picture about 640 x 480 pixels.

Thanks for the useful info on posting pix, Jake.

I dont' know why this has not been brought up more often, but TBN
posters need to exercise a bit more control on the sizes of photos they
upload. Just because TBN allows 1000KB JPG photo sizes, does not mean
you should do it. Even 640x480 is too big, at over 300KB. In this thread,
both the tomato photo and the MF are only 80KB, and they are of
excellent quality and very useful size. 80K-150KB is plenty big.

BTW, photo sizes can also be taken by the camera at less than full
resolution.

Many computer users still do not have broadband access.

/ Photo Posting How To
I just found this online picture resizer. I don't think it could be any easier than this :)

Online Image Resizer - Resize digital photo, images or pictures online!

If you want to resize a picture for the benefit of dial up user go to that website, click on browse and find the picture, set the simple options it gives you and then choose the size you want.

Then click OK. It will give you the resized picture that you can right click and choose save as. Then you can upload it to the TBN servers.

Couldn't be easier could it :D Now there is no excuse not to resize pictures.

The website will even let you crop the picture.

Hope this can help someone.