Grapple Piranha Root Grapple

/ Piranha Root Grapple #51  
My grapple is now suposed to be in monday. I was wondering by those who have and use them--- can lifting objects off center that would offer a huge twisting force cause problems for the loader? I'm wanting to lift logs for cutting and will obviously be grapping them other than the center of gravity even if I try otherwise. To state otherwise,can I damage the loader with a heavy load off center.

/ Piranha Root Grapple #52  
wkpoor said:
My grapple is now suposed to be in monday. I was wondering by those who have and use them--- can lifting objects off center that would offer a huge twisting force cause problems for the loader? I'm wanting to lift logs for cutting and will obviously be grapping them other than the center of gravity even if I try otherwise. To state otherwise, can I damage the loader with a heavy load off center.
I think the potential for loader damage is clear with heavy offset loads (e.g., large logs, concrete pipe, etc.) due to the high twisting moment that can be placed on the loader arms. That's why I always try to center my heaviest loads right along the axis of the tractor... even if that means taking a little more time to drag them out and into position where I can get a reasonably centered, balanced grip. In my case, I am also a bit concerned about the quick attach components which seem a bit light-duty for the work I'm doing and planning to do in the future.

Dougster

/ Piranha Root Grapple #53  
I agree with Dougster, you should try to center loads-- Not only because it is less likely to damage the FEL, but also because it is dangerous to drive with a heavy off center load. Things get "tippy" real fast with a heavy off centered load in the grapple.

That doesn't mean you cannot put one edge of the grapple under a tree root to pop it out but you should probably not do that with something that doesn't "give" pretty readily. I can see the FEL twist sometimes when one side of the grapple is stuck on a root and it doesn't do any more damage than doing the same thing with a toothbar on a bucket but it is not what the FEL is engineered for so it's best to minimize that sort of asymmetric loading.

With a big root ball sometimes you need to center the heavy part and just let the rest hang out the front of the grapple.

Attachments

• IMG_2868 600x450.jpg
    IMG_2868 600x450.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_8935 800x600.jpg
    IMG_8935 800x600.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 610
   / Piranha Root Grapple #54  
Could somebody please give me a link to Piranha's website? thanks!

/ Piranha Root Grapple #55  
kubota4me said:
Could somebody please give me a link to Piranha's website? thanks!
Looks like they didn't pay their bill! :D

Google: piranhaattachments exactly as written and then go to the *cached* version of the first listed result. Best you can do for now.

Dougster

/ Piranha Root Grapple #57  
About a dozen of these root grapples have shown up at the local tractor/equipment auction house. This place also sells new equipment, and there are about 100-200 various QA items that seem to be made at the same place. The root grapples say Piranha, I didn't look closely at the others. If you want to see one in the Tulsa area, go to Enlow66 Auction.

/ Piranha Root Grapple #58  
kubota4me

I know this is late in coming BUT, thanks for the NEW link for Piranah.

I have bought several attachments from them, then the link didn't work. I see why now - they changed their name and site.

The grapple I purchased works great on my Kubota 4310, not too heavy.

Yes they will custom build anything you want or tweak the implements they have.

These people are GREAT to work with and I haven't been able to beat their prices.

/ Piranha Root Grapple #60  
Where can I find this grapple for sale? A website please?
Sorry, Crack 'o dawn - 6 year old thread. Product does not exist. Millonzi has been out of business for years. Thread has interesting historical value but no present day value.