PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it.

/ PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it.
Sweetie bought me a Big Green Egg for Christmas a couple of years ago. First time for me using charcoal. I've been cooking everything that I can on it ever since! I also have a propane grill (American made MHP brand!) and a 36" Blackstone griddle. My back deck is the primary cooking place. Fortunately the kitchen doors open right to the deck so it's easy access.

Glad you're loving your new PK Grill!
It was a toss up BGE or PK. The key though is the lump charcoal and indirect cooking when you want. Last night I cooked up a lamb rib roast and veggies. Like you, I am begging to BBQ as much as possible now since moving away from LP gas.

lamb.jpg

/ PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it. #42  
It was a toss up BGE or PK. The key though is the lump charcoal and indirect cooking when you want. Last night I cooked up a lamb rib roast and veggies. Like you, I am begging to BBQ as much as possible now since moving away from LP gas.

View attachment 671374

:licking: . . . .

Molalla, waiting for your initial impressions when your PK gets fired up!

/ PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it. #44  

View attachment 671374

That lamb looks AWESOME!! It's been a while since I've had lamb - I might have to pick some up.

I still use propane sometimes if I want something quick and don't want to mess with firing up the BGE. Last night Sweetie came home around 8:00 from getting her hair done, so I fired up the propane grill and just tossed some premade burger patties (from the local butcher shop) on it and 15 minutes later we were eating some tasty food. On the other end of things, I've made paella cooked on the BGE which gave it a great smoky accent and made it that much more authentic. A couple of months ago I bought a Blackstone Griddle - and that thing is addicting as well!

I don't know why I can't lose weight. ;)

/ PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it. #45  
Molalla, waiting for your initial impressions when your PK gets fired up!

Well about the PK . . . wife says I need to wait a bit for it, something about too many medical bills at the moment . . . :confused3:

/ PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it. #46  
delete double post . . .

Well about the PK . . . wife says I need to wait a bit for it, something about too many medical bills at the moment . . . :confused3:
Uh oh... sorry to hear. Should I stop posting tantalizing pictures? :laughing:

/ PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it. #48  
Uh oh... sorry to hear. Should I stop posting tantalizing pictures? :laughing:

NO . . . ;) I'm going to get it, just have to wait a bit . . . wife knows what she is doing. :thumbsup:

/ PKGrill new to me! Lovin' it. #49  
We love our little Stainless Coleman Grill. Half the time, we only use half the little grill. Good for even heat and reduced flareups. Very propane efficient, small footprint and we just cover it and wheel it back into the woodshed when done. Less clutter around is always better.

bbq.jpg

Funny, some of my friends with big cumbersome grills, see this and want one.

We love our little Stainless Coleman Grill. Half the time, we only use half the little grill. Good for even heat and reduced flareups. Very propane efficient, small footprint and we just cover it and wheel it back into the woodshed when done. Less clutter around is always better.

View attachment 671439

Funny, some of my friends with big cumbersome grills, see this and want one.
Yep one reason I like my PK is that it is portable. It sits on a pedestal stand, or with a simple thumb screw to remove, can set on table or ground. Same as the two side tables. A couple knobs and they are removable.

View attachment 671499