Plane collision with tractor

/ Plane collision with tractor #31  
un-controlled airports (I'm meaning no manned tower) are a mixed blessing.
They're still looking for a pilot who disappeared in 1972, while delivering a plane from Connecticut to Houlton Maine. He was flying at night by instruments, not realizing that the next transmitter he was looking for wasn't operating. I believe that he went down in the ocean, but his family is still seeking closure so for their sake I hope that somebody finds the wreckage.

/ Plane collision with tractor #32  
got sprayed in the face here a couple days ago by one of them idiots! Still trying to clean my eyes out----have no clue what he was dumping but he also got my neighbor.
Got part of a video of him but cant find it right now.
also still trying to find out where to report him.

/ Plane collision with tractor #34  
I live near an airport. We had a small 2 seater, maybe a cessna 150 or 152 fly through our yard. He had to pull up to miss the trees in the neighbor's woods. I just cringed until he pulled up, then shook my head and said "Man. Yikes!" . Then called the FAA to report.
Somewhere I have a picture of an F-4 doing that .... 50' above ground, then pulled up, parted the pine trees (literally) and kicked it into Burner. Talk about rolling coal.

/ Plane collision with tractor #35  
I've told this story before, but hey, here it is again...

One cool, damp, foggy evening I was working at the airport. Not much going on. A small Piper Cherokee type plane comes taxiing in out of the fog and pulls up on the ramp. I go out and park him. I walk around the right side of the plane and a woman opens the door and comes out crying. She's got vomit all over her. She reaches in and pulls out two little kids and gets off the wing. The husband (I assume) comes out last. He's white as a sheet and obviously stressed out. I pointed the woman towards the office and told her there's a couch in there, restroom, water, towels, etc. She thanks me and takes the kids off across the ramp. The pilot asks me to tie it down for the night. I tell him OK and I'll be right in to get his information. He heads towards the office and I tie down the right wing. I head around the front of the plane and as I walk towards the center of the left wing, I see a large dent in the leading edge with pine needles sticking out!

I had to call the FAA. They told me to put a chain on the prop and they'd be out in the morning.

Turns out the guy tried to fly under the fog at a smaller airport south of us without an instrument landing system and, well, he chose poorly. Hit some trees near the airport and somehow managed to pull out of them before they grabbed his plane and pulled it out of the sky. He pushed his luck with his family all to save the hassle of having to get a ride home 30 miles and having to come back to pick up his plane on a later date. Yikes!

The plane had to sit in our shop for several weeks and worse, he almost killed his family.

/ Plane collision with tractor #36  
Just in from Ottawa...warning labels now to be placed on tractors advising operators to be aware of low flying aircraft. The families can sue the tractor manufacturer retroactively for failing to foresee this eventuality. I wish this was just a joke, but give it a month and it will be a prediction.

/ Plane collision with tractor #37  
My dad and uncle were pilots. They were taught in the seabee I beleive in the '40"s.
Uncle John's plane was an old, old, old, tail dragger with no radio. Flying from Long Island to Vermont one weekend (long ago) supposedly circle airfield twice landing the third time around a duster came up under him and they crashed to the ground. Uncle lost right leg from knee down and paralized from waist down.

/ Plane collision with tractor
They're still looking for a pilot who disappeared in 1972, while delivering a plane from Connecticut to Houlton Maine. He was flying at night by instruments, not realizing that the next transmitter he was looking for wasn't operating. I believe that he went down in the ocean, but his family is still seeking closure so for their sake I hope that somebody finds the wreckage.
Even with today's tech, the ocean is a big place...... back in the 90's, I was working for a company doing site work across Canada. The team that was out West was in BC when some unrelated survey work was going on in a local lake.

The survey crew found a totally intact plane, that had been missing for years. Best guess was the pilot got lost in a Winter storm, and tried landing on the lake when low on fuel..... ice didn't hold.

Rgds, D.

got sprayed in the face here a couple days ago by one of them idiots! Still trying to clean my eyes out----have no clue what he was dumping but he also got my neighbor.
Got part of a video of him but cant find it right now.
also still trying to find out where to report him.
Way too much of that reported, just in this tiny thread.

I had a chat a few years back with a former chopper pilot (US Mil), now living in Canada. Did fixed wing work, after he got out, including crop dusting. Described high level university courses he took in Florida (related to spraying), and expressed disgust with what he saw being done later - logs ignored, spraying in high wind conditions etc. Sounds like it only has gone downhill since.

Hope you both recover completely, and are able to report that "pilot". FAA and local ag extension govt office is where I'd start. Even if you don't have tail numbers, I can't imagine it was a random act of spraying....... unless your other neighbour suddenly develops amnesia, he should know who he hired that day.

Rgds, D.

My dad and uncle were pilots. They were taught in the seabee I beleive in the '40"s.
Uncle John's plane was an old, old, old, tail dragger with no radio. Flying from Long Island to Vermont one weekend (long ago) supposedly circle airfield twice landing the third time around a duster came up under him and they crashed to the ground. Uncle lost right leg from knee down and paralized from waist down.
I'm now wondering who has the worst track record, dusters or civilian chopper pilots ? Seems to be a really long list of celebrities who have been killed in chopper crashes.

Should be safer on the ground, but if that was the case, I wouldn't have reason to start this thread :cry:.

Rgds, D.