Plasma cutter recommendations

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #21  
I have the Miller Spectrum 625. At the time I was shopping for the next size up Miller or Hypertherm but this one came up brand new unused on eBay with hard case and a ton of consumables for $1050 USD shipped.

IMG_6825.JPG

It realistically only cuts 5/8” but I’m glad I didn’t get the next model up as anything thicker I like using my oxy-acetylene torch.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #22  
I have the Miller Spectrum 625. At the time I was shopping for the next size up Miller or Hypertherm but this one came up brand new unused on eBay with hard case and a ton of consumables for $1050 USD shipped.

View attachment 573266

It realistically only cuts 5/8” but I’m glad I didn’t get the next model up as anything thicker I like using my oxy-acetylene torch.
Still love that office chair stand. :drink:

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #23  
cabin, I think you are in another league vs. what the OP is looking for... not sure how your advice helps here.

Yes and no.
The point is that with over 3m+ inches of cut, with my Hypertherm 85, I have not had to make any repairs to it.
I used a Hypertherm 1000 for 8 years on the table and still use it for freehand cutting.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #24  
Yes and no.
The point is that with over 3m+ inches of cut, with my Hypertherm 85, I have not had to make any repairs to it.
I used a Hypertherm 1000 for 8 years on the table and still use it for freehand cutting.
Ah... you are putting in a vote for Hypertherm brand. No argument here.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #25  
Ah... you are putting in a vote for Hypertherm brand. No argument here.

I’ve never used a Hypertherm, but if I had to purchase a plasma cutter today, that would most likely be my first choice.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #26  
I’ve never used a Hypertherm, but if I had to purchase a plasma cutter today, that would most likely be my first choice.
I met Jim Colt and a couple of his buddies at the Hypertherm booth at Fabtech a few years ago. Got to try out the units and appreciated their advice. He used to chime in on this forum but I haven't noticed him lately.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #27  
I have an Everlast 50 from Mark. 3 years on it so far and not one issue. There isn't much to these machines. Air, electricity, and have some fun. A buddy of mine has a miller I think (he is a pro, can't afford his tools). What I like about his is that you can have direct contact with the steel. Mine has a little standoff that keeps the tip out of the metal. But I also have probably 2K more in my wallet so the perceived inconvenience is not an issue in the long run

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #28  
I'll add to the Hypertherm 45 train. Great machine with long life of the consumables, thus far!