Please Help RK 24 Rust issue

/ Please Help RK 24 Rust issue #1  

John Tractoring

Tractor
none
A few days ago I was about to buy a RK 24 with loader and backhoe from my closest Rural King. However upon further inspection under the tractor I found this (see pictures) Is this a reason to NOT buy this tractor? All of the RK 24's on the lot were rusted like this but the only one with the backhoe was the worst. Should I stay away from these tractors at this particular location or what? Everything else seems yo look fine. Please advise me and Thanks For your input.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0454.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0454.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 394
  • thumbnail_IMG_0449.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0449.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 359
  • thumbnail_IMG_0452.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0452.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 418
  • thumbnail_IMG_0453.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0453.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 351
   / Please Help RK 24 Rust issue #2  
What part are we looking at? For some types of parts, rust would be of zero concern. But can't say without knowing what we're looking at.

/ Please Help RK 24 Rust issue #3  
Guessing that's the close end of the drive shaft that goes to the front axle.
Looks like my truck's brake drums - unpainted and expected to rust on that side to no ill effect.

/ Please Help RK 24 Rust issue #4  
A few days ago I was about to buy a RK 24 with loader and backhoe from my closest Rural King. However upon further inspection under the tractor I found this (see pictures) Is this a reason to NOT buy this tractor? All of the RK 24's on the lot were rusted like this but the only one with the backhoe was the worst. Should I stay away from these tractors at this particular location or what? Everything else seems yo look fine. Please advise me and Thanks For your input.

That tractor has obviously been sitting around somewhere for a good while.
I would check carefully to see if there may be any other issues.

/ Please Help RK 24 Rust issue
Its the the close end of the drive shaft that goes to the front axle underneath the middle of the tractor like ning said.

I have not found any thing else on it that looks bad to me just what ive found underneath it in the pictures. The rust is pretty thick and all the rk 24's on the lot has this rust in the same place. Im not completely new to tractors I've had two new mahindra's prior (which TYM also built mostly) I know your gonna find some rust issues on any tractor thats been setting out but this has really stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I wanted to get some feedback from you guys that have more experience with tractors in general and especially the RK24. So provided that I dont see anything else that looks bad would you all say yes to buying it or would you say look elsewhere? Thank you for the help.

/ Please Help RK 24 Rust issue #7  
But it and treat the rust with some spray lube or spray rust treatment.

/ Please Help RK 24 Rust issue #8  
After you drive it a while, that area will be covered with mud and miscellaneous organic debris and you won't be able to see a little surface rust.

Thanks for all the replies. I have since just about sold myself on a Branson 2610 except for when I test drove the similar 2400 (they didnt have a 2610 on the lot) I was vey disappointed in the loader speed (curl and dump) it was slow as christmas. My last two tractors were a mahindra 2538 and then a 3540 37-40HP I think they had a GPM of around 11.0 give or take. The little Branson has 8.2 from what Ive been reading most of the 25 hp tractors have GPM of 6-8 but Ive seen smaller tractors being used and none of the loaders moved as slow as that Branson did today so IDK.

/ Please Help RK 24 Rust issue #10  
Check lifting capacity of the Branson. There’s sometimes a compromise between lifting force and speed and if the Branson is rated higher the slower speed might be worth the compromise.