Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy????

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #31  
D

Those machines caught my eye. Mind saying what a new one could be bought for?
Can you dump the bed from either side of it?
One thing I don’t like about the Mules is to dump the bed, you have to unlatch one side then walk around and unlatch the other side.

This was a 2019 model year close out. It is the base model. $9987 and then I added a top, hardcoat windshield and power steering. That and sales tax brought it to just over $12K. The power steering hasn't been installed yet and I'm not convinced it is necessary. It steers easy enough without it. If you can find one, the DPS model comes with 14" aluminum rims and some other added features and should cost you about $12k before extras.

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #32  
Forgot to add:. Yes, the bed dumps from either side. I'm not sure why Kawasaki can't figure that one out. The tailgate on the Defender also opens from a center handle as opposed to the two latches on most UTVs.

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #33  
Polaris are prone to catching fire according to yesterday's article in the NYT

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #34  
I would take a serious look at a Honda Pioneer 1000. Great all around machine with a real gear transmission

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #35  
This was a 2019 model year close out. It is the base model. $9987 and then I added a top, hardcoat windshield and power steering. That and sales tax brought it to just over $12K. The power steering hasn't been installed yet and I'm not convinced it is necessary. It steers easy enough without it. If you can find one, the DPS model comes with 14" aluminum rims and some other added features and should cost you about $12k before extras.

Appreciate it.

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #36  
I would take a serious look at a Honda Pioneer 1000. Great all around machine with a real gear transmission

If it is a automated manual, I wouldn't want it as the primary clutch will shell unless it is driven just like a manual (meaning no creeping like an automatic). On the other hand, creeping with a belt will shell the belt too.

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #37  

You absolutely want EPS on your side by side, IMO.

/ Polaris Ranger Crew Reliability Question - What UTV to Buy???? #38  
D

Those machines caught my eye. Mind saying what a new one could be bought for?
Can you dump the bed from either side of it?
One thing I don稚 like about the Mules is to dump the bed, you have to unlatch one side then walk around and unlatch the other side.

With the optional $800 hydraulic dump, you never latch the bed again. So you simply hit the rocker switch and dump that 1,000 lbs of #2, or top soil or shale.

The other thing to note negative about a mule that does not have the dump cylinder.... your not going to dump anything with it. When I ordered my build, the salesman said that I might not want the dump cylinder and that I should wait and try it. So, I jumped in the bed (185 lbs) and stood at the front, similar to a typical front heavy bed load of material. Note that the Mule Pro bed pivots at the very rear, not in the center like my old Rhino. I told him that he could dump me, I would take it without the ram cylinder. He gave a mighty try.... but not a chance! 185 lbs 5 feet from that pivot means that you better a really strong dude! But I use my B2650 and place 2 full "lightweight material" bucket loads of #2 limestone in the bed, I have my 70 year old father haul it where it needs to go and he simply stops at the location and holds a rocker switch. No issue dumping 1,000+ lb loads.

Whatever you buy, if it's for property work and to be used in conjunction with your tractor/loader.... you want that real dump bed. I would never buy one any other way.

Attachments

• 20190607_141327.jpg
    20190607_141327.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190607_141320.jpg
    20190607_141320.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190309_132206.jpeg
    20190309_132206.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190227_165256.jpeg
    20190227_165256.jpeg