Pole Barn Addition

/ Pole Barn Addition
Installed the post protectors / guard rails today, except the last one which I measured 99 and cut 95! Then had 12 yards of fill delivered and used it to raise the ground under the overhang so it is level and we will store our firewood in cages. Tomorrow we get gravel for the top coat and the last rail.

IMG_2620.JPG

/ Pole Barn Addition #42  
Hope you get many years of enjoyment from it!

/ Pole Barn Addition
Finished the lean to today. Brought in 3 yards of gravel to do the firewood storage area under the overhang and filled in the trailer parking spots. Put in the last rail and nailed the 2x12’s of the two main beams together. Inspector comes Monday morning.

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

No more big construction projects for me. Already on the docket for next Spring is a new chicken coop and then a new deck which will go where the old chicken coop is now. The list never seems to end, but I like it that way!

/ Pole Barn Addition #44  
I am confused about the fencing. I mean there are no gates, so your tractor can still get out.
???
hugs, Brandi

/ Pole Barn Addition
The fence acts as a guardrail to protect the posts in case while backing a trailer into its parking spot you decide to try and take out one or more of the posts. I'd rather slide along a rail instead of taking a post out. The one less than ideal part about the addition is there is no room to back straight in. You are pulling a 90 degree turn while backing.

/ Pole Barn Addition #46  
The fence acts as a guardrail to protect the posts in case while backing a trailer into its parking spot you decide to try and take out one or more of the posts. I'd rather slide along a rail instead of taking a post out. The one less than ideal part about the addition is there is no room to back straight in. You are pulling a 90 degree turn while backing.
Guess you got a small trailer. Then it would make sense. My GN would take the fence and post out.
hugs, Brandi

/ Pole Barn Addition #47  
How steep is that dirt? I always think about mowing and making my slopes as gentle as possible.

/ Pole Barn Addition
We have 2 trailers, an 18' 10K enclosed box trailer and a 20' 14K equipment trailer. The hope is we are paying attention enough that we see when we come close to the 2x6 rails so we don't actually hit them. Even if we break the rails, it costs $20 and takes 10 minutes to replace. Replacing a 6x6 post is a little more work! I will try to rely less on the Force and more on mirrors and spotters when backing the trailers into the shed!

Eddie, the slope won't be mowed. We will make it a mulch bed and maybe plant some bushes and impatiens for landscaping. But that will wait until Spring.

/ Pole Barn Addition
Doing some upgrades to the trailer storage shed. Adding overhead LED lights, outlets at front and back for charging trailer batteries etc, adding coach lights to the posts and then adding a 220 volt heater to the shop in the barn. Had the day off, was above freezing and not raining so tackled the overhead lights.
IMG_6108.JPG

/ Pole Barn Addition
Today I hooked up a 220 volt 5000 watt heater in the shop. It’s set over the workbench about 7’ high on the wall. There is no chance it will heat up the building but it makes a great warming station when you are out there working. I decided not to hardwire the heater and instead used a 4 prong dryer plug so I have a second 220 volt plug in the shop area that can be used for other things besides the heater.
IMG_6114.JPG