pole saws at work (photos)

/ pole saws at work (photos)
We were in the NF over the weekend clearing trails. This is the box of supplies and everything else that comes along with is. What's not seen is the axe and the 2nd saw that comes along,
P1100642.jpg

In the field over weekend clearing trails. Seen below is a box setup to carry all the saws parts, tools and accessories. Not seen is the mini fiskers axe we carry with us.
trail tool kit0642.jpg
P1110045.jpg
P1110029.jpg
P1110022.jpg

/ pole saws at work (photos) #104  
Here is mine after I used it today. This thing has good reach, had good power but is heavy too. Luckily I only use it a couple of times a year.

E32EB6B8-D388-4D1A-948C-1639D6DEF5F4.jpeg

/ pole saws at work (photos) #105  
I cheated, made tractor hold the saw

Photos of pole saws at work. In the back of the BOSS is one broke down. This is why we used this type of saws.
boss saw66.jpg
saw01.jpg
pole saw Arly.jpg

/ pole saws at work (photos) #107  
I just got the Dewalt pole saw and used it for the first time. What a work out! Maybe I'm just getting old. The battery will do more work than I will in a day. It works great.

/ pole saws at work (photos) #108  
I use my M19 pole saw a few times a week now. The chain does loosen up with each use though.
Used it to cut up some big vines, 3-4" bushes, a few 8-10" branches that fell and clear out overhanging tree limbs so far.
Does leak a bit of oil, storing head down seems to stop that.
8AH lasts about and hour, 5AH about thirty minutes or so of actual blade running.
Nice that I had the trimmer head too, to clear paths.
Change out is pretty quick and extensions not sliding pole means I don't have to have the weight on all the time.

Gears are metal, decent chain and Oregon bar.

Good so far,

I use my M19 pole saw a few times a week now. The chain does loosen up with each use though.
Used it to cut up some big vines, 3-4" bushes, a few 8-10" branches that fell and clear out overhanging tree limbs so far.
Does leak a bit of oil, storing head down seems to stop that.
8AH lasts about and hour, 5AH about thirty minutes or so of actual blade running.
Nice that I had the trimmer head too, to clear paths.
Change out is pretty quick and extensions not sliding pole means I don't have to have the weight on all the time.

Gears are metal, decent chain and Oregon bar.
I just looked and could not find a M-19 pole saw. Please post photos and what make and model it is. Most of the saws we own leak a bit when not in operation. A battery lasting about and hour, would "not cut it" for us. :whistle:

/ pole saws at work (photos) #110  
M18, M19 whatever it takes :cool:

They have the 12AH, but then the weight advantage over gas goes away.
My brush cutter is gas, could not imagine it only lasting 1.5 hours.