Portable Tractor Camera System

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #51  
WiFi is just a transport method to connect two devices. Think of it more like Bluetooth in this case, but with better range between the two devices. From the seat of the tractor to anywhere on the tractor you would mount the camera is well within range for both. For example, I have a Deeper fish-finder that I can tie to the end of a fishing pole and cast or drag behind a boat that can link to my phone over wifi or Bluetooth to display depths, temps, sonar etc. and I do not need internet to use either. Wifi in your house is between your wireless router and your device OVER the WiFi connection which is why most people think Wifi means internet. One of the most common connection protocols is Wifi.... can you think of a phone with WiFi ability that cant' connect to the internet if an available connection exits?

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #52  
Good info here. Picture quality is paramount to useability. 1080p is a must. Also pay attention to the camera view angle when ordering. And lastly get a monitor that can switch between 2 or more views so you can have a front and a rear view. There are such cameras and screens on Amazon for around $100. I installed one on my skid steer. And I use 2 rear cameras one low 140º view for distance and one under the roof 180º for close work. I can now back the Bobcat down the barn isle etc without too much worry.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #53  
Good info here. Picture quality is paramount to useability. 1080p is a must. Also pay attention to the camera view angle when ordering. And lastly get a monitor that can switch between 2 or more views so you can have a front and a rear view. There are such cameras and screens on Amazon for around $100. I installed one on my skid steer. And I use 2 rear cameras one low 140º view for distance and one under the roof 180º for close work. I can now back the Bobcat down the barn isle etc without too much worry.
I would like to see your camera setup in your skid steer. Can you post pics? I have a Kubota skid steer, and backing is always an issue.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #54  
This system sell for $350 and comes with a rechargeable camera and a monitor. Handy 7 Wireless Hitch Camera

Here is another smaller, cheaper model that uses a 9 volt battery instead of a rechargeable battery. Wireless Magnetic Battery Operated Portable Car Rear View Reverse Backup Camera 6:(973765 | eBay

How does this compare in cost to buying all the components separately?

I'm assuming you would need to buy:
1. camera
2. monitor
3. battery
4. battery dock to connect to the camera
5. magnet
6. any brackets and hardware needed for mounting.

Did I miss anything?

I would assume buying the components separately would cost less, but how much less?
Don't remember why I skipped thread but:

For an easily moved system only needed occasionally where you have cell signal -
Camera - $30 - Wyze V2
monitor - my phone
Battery - inexpensive battery bank $10
1 gallon ziploc bag - $1
magnet - $1 (Neodymium Disc Magnet N52 Dia 5/8x 3/16" w/ #6 Countersunk on N or S Pole

So total is about $50 or less.

Attachments

• trailer-back.jpg
    trailer-back.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 209

Attachments

• FEL-camera.jpg
    FEL-camera.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 215

The camera has a magnetic base, I use the magnet in case I have to hang the baggie.
I set the phone up as a "hot spot"

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #55  
I would like to see your camera setup in your skid steer. Can you post pics? I have a Kubota skid steer, and backing is always an issue.
Description and links here >