Potential power increase for CK2610?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #31  
Have you tried reving it higher speed? Cannot imagine why you need more hp than 24ish. To me, it's already too much. Only need more hp when dirt digging. Just rev it to 3000 to 3500 rpm then.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #32  
More fuel at any rpm may increase torque and thus hp. Higher rpm beyond the peak tuning range for breathing is not the answer. Torque typically falls off at higher rpm because volumetric efficiency is lower. It's nothing for peak torque and peak hp to be 1k rpm apart due to tuning for an operating speed range.

When the same displacement engine is offered in 25, 30, & 35 hp the different rating has nothing to do with different operating rpm for peak torque, or PTO rpm. If it were we'd have no option to gain power by adjusting the rack limit.

We could base our opinions (& guesses) on what actually happens vs what we think does, esp when we don't parse the particulars between gas and diesel power. A supercharger/turbo on a gas engine forces more air and fuel into the engine at proper air/fuel ratio. One on a diesel forces more air in but there is no 'mixture ratio' or throttle-plate with a diesel's WFO intake tract. (!!) If we don't add more fuel to work with it a turbo may improve emissions but let's not expect more hp w/o that.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #33  
Turned my RX6010 out 1/2 turn today, hooking up the 10' woods bush hog tomorrow will see if I can tell any difference.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #34  
I didn't really have tall or thick enough grass to see if I could actually tell a difference, the tractor performed flawless as always.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #35  
Turned my RX6010 out 1/2 turn today, hooking up the 10' woods bush hog tomorrow will see if I can tell any difference.
How did you get the cover off of it? Is it a disposable item? Did you just toss it?

I read somewhere to use a dremel with a narrow cutting wheel on it. You?

Thanks

ETA: Are you concerned with the A/F mixture? You're adding more fuel but the camshaft is still limiting the amount of air allowed into the (pre?)combustion chamber, right? No?

enquiring minds

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #36  
There is NO A/F mixture/ratio in a diesel! Folks need to understand that. The adjustment is on the rack's limit, not an overall difference. Fuel delivery is first set by the 'speed control' (AKA throttle lever) and the governor moves the rack to maintain it as load increases/decreases.

The goal is not to increase power by more rpm but by delivering more fuel at operating rpm as load demands. Gph will only increase if one uses that increase. Otherwise there's no difference in performance or gph unless demanded by the task.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #37  
Dremel tool works great to get it off, a gutter spike sleeve cut to length works great after you're done.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #39  
There is a Facebook Group called: Kioti Tractor Tuning. One CK2610 owner commented on this subject.

"I adj. the fuel screw on the injection pump today and it made a huge difference! It woke the engine right up. The hardest part is getting the stupid cap off the adj. screw. I turned the screw out 2 full turns. I get little puff of black smoke when I throttle up. the engine throttles up faster and it doesn't bog down anymore when I'm in high gear."

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #40  
I'd like to find out who manufactures the injection pumps and if I can purchase a new rack limit screw cap.